Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullet Shortages

Boolit Master

Bullet Shortages

My oh my...... Can you folks believe that shooters are haveing problems finding bullets for reloading? Not only has The Dark One caused panic buying of firearms but he has done the same with component sales and ammunition sales. Makes me real happy that my father introduced me to casting over 40 years ago.

Nighthunter

Banned

again?
    i just handed littlegirl a dozen ar magazines and a usps box full of 223 rounds a couple of hours ago and told her to go function test them all.
    she said they all worked fine, but one threw the brass forward into the snow bank.
    that one had a tag on it so i'm sure she wasn't amused.
    i see no shortages.

I stopped by the local Sportsman's Warehouse and the shelves are bare. No primers at all save for a couple of boxes of Fiocchi shotshell primers, half the powder gone, all the 9mm plated and a lot of the 9mm lead bullets gone. Most 45ACP projos gone. Lots of expensive 100 round boxes of projectiles. Loaded ammo is pretty much stripped clean.

But of course this is Kalifornistan where the super majority of Democrats in the politburo can pass anything without checks and balances.

Boolit Master

Makes me all warm and fuzzy that I stocked up last summer!

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Do you suppose it really rattles Obummer that he has become the greatest firearm and shooting component salesman in history? Twice??!?

Warm and fuzzy will work. No shortage here. I just saw a bunch of service guys blowing off a couple thou 22 three,9 and 40. Obviously no shortage there.
    I wish i could teach my cocker spaniel to pick up brass...
    High Hook

Banned

well,,,,, no.
    i'm sure he is taking credit for stimulating the economy.

Boolit Man
    Makes me very glad I have around 2 thousand rounds. And enough materials to build another 3000. Thank goodness I got into reloading

Even the swaging tools for .224 bullets have been bought up at famine prices.
    Cognitive Dissident

Banned

wait untill they find out that swaging involves work/measuring and thinking.
    and then they have to use some of those hundred dollar primers to figure out a load.

Boolit Buddy
    Like many on this forum I have a ammo factory set up.

and a lead foundry.
    No shortages here.

About the only thing I see is instead of pop'n the top on a ammo can and going until it's empty. I'll just shoot 1/2 or less until things calm back down.

Local big box stores are fairly bare here, if i had a use for titewad powder id be set....... but I found a new local private shop that is fully stocked, with the exception of the one powder I want...TRAIL BOSS....MY KINGDOM FOR SOME TRAIL BOSS (or at least thats what itll cost to ship it hazmat)...
    Any man who seeks to live free should keep a Bible on his desk and a .45 in the drawer.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by nhrifle View Post
    Do you suppose it really rattles Obummer that he has become the greatest firearm and shooting component salesman in history? Twice??!?
    I think it amuses him. It amuses him because he will act with or without congress. If he cannot get an AW ban going that makes the clinton ban look like the good old days, he will do it by executive order. So many sheeple will hand over their stores of ammo and guns because the gov't says to. I am certain he sees this as a boost to the economy now so his biggest opposition (self sufficient conservatives) is helping his presidency. But he also knows that many of these people currently buying will surrender what they just bought soon enough. To him this is a tax on gun buyers; we are self taxing as a penalty for being on the wrong side of the issue because we spend our money on guns (giving up money) that he wants to confiscate. We are merely paying a tax beforehand. It would drive him crazy for us to be buying extra guns but getting to keep them. Since his plan is to strip us of the God-given right to defend ourselves and families, he isn't worried about the current market explosion.

ADMIN

bullet shortages??
    let me check

Nope. 2 boolits every 10.5 seconds. No shortages here.....

In fact I am gonna fire up the machine tonight and cast some 40 cal boolits up before I send the mold off to get hollowpointed.

Quote Originally Posted by cloakndagger View Post
    Local big box stores are fairly bare here, if i had a use for titewad powder id be set....... but I found a new local private shop that is fully stocked, with the exception of the one powder I want...TRAIL BOSS....MY KINGDOM FOR SOME TRAIL BOSS
    If you are adventurous, Titewad is burnrate wise an ideal substitute for Trail Boss. It has almost the same load characteristics as Clays (grain for grain, not by volume). It works great for generating good pressure quickly while keeping the bullet at a low velocity. I've worked up great loads in 38/40/45 using 2.5-3.0g Titewad instead of Clays. Never try to push a bullet anywhere near its normal velocity with Titewad. I normally use Titewad and Clays for light 3/4 oz 12 ga skeet loads when I need to get pressures up there to get a good complete burn of the powder.

The bad thing is that Titewad is even denser than Clays and looks microscopic at the bottom of a 38 special case so you must be very careful about loading for it. You could probably quadruple charge a 38 case with Titewad and not overflow it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthunter View Post
    Makes me real happy that my father introduced me to casting over 40 years ago.

Nighthunter
    ....And the acquisition of needed supplies while they were available and at a reasonable price.

Be Prepared.

The motto of the Boy Scouts.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Bub
    Somewhat of a shortage here. I'm running low on wheel weights but heavy on pure .But then I also have a couple k cast already.

This is the Bass Pro in my neck of the woods on Sunday;
    I' m glad I dont have a 300 Wetherby Mag......geeez
    And the other is where the .22' s used to be, except for a hand full of 22 mags

az-jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-01-06_14-27-46_864.jpg   2013-01-06_14-30-52_394.jpg  
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Buddy
    powder and primers are pretty much out of stock at Graf's, Midsouth, Widener's, Powder Valley, etc.

Boolit Master

I was ready years ago. I will never have a shortage although I could probably use another 30K SR and SP primers. I can load m .300 Weatherby for just a tiny bit more than my .30/06 since I bought 3K of my favorite Sierras years ago.
    At one with the gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast