Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caught em with a dip net, but killed em with a cast boolit

Boolit Master

Caught em with a dip net, but killed em with a cast boolit

So I went out to the ranch this morning and behold, a sow in the trap. And guess what was running around the outside!!!! Back to the cabin for the dip net and back to the trap. After about 20 minutes of running football drills, I caught 5! WOO HOO!!! Forget the sow! I got 5 that weigh about 25 pounds live weight! I can smell the BBQ now! I used my son's 32 blackahawk for the deed. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	piggies 1.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	57947Click image for larger version. 

Name:	piggies 3.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	57948Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY1006.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	57949
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master
    I probably (and feel in my back) like I looked like a one legged man in a donkey kicking contest, but it is worth it for 20 to 25 pound pigs!
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Yer havin too much fun bub. Now, go git'cher propane bottle filt up, and cut anuther load of mesquite. Ya gonna have to dig a second pit iffn you keep this up. ?si no? @(;^]#>:::
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    Wow; I can almost taste them tasty little uns. When I used to travel to s. texas to hunt piggys that size is what I returned home with, packed in dry ice. Left the big'ens for the coyotes and other vermin.

That lil .32 will certainly do the job in that circumstance, don't think I'd trust it on a "un-caught" pig of any size.

Man, I'm salivatin just lookin at those pics.

I think it's time to plan another trip to s. texas and get after some more piggys.

blessings,
    vern
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Grand Master
    I hear dem pigs are made out of meat
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Olevern View Post
    Wow; I can almost taste them tasty little uns. When I used to travel to s. texas to hunt piggys that size is what I returned home with, packed in dry ice. Left the big'ens for the coyotes and other vermin.

That lil .32 will certainly do the job in that circumstance, don't think I'd trust it on a "un-caught" pig of any size.

Man, I'm salivatin just lookin at those pics.

I think it's time to plan another trip to s. texas and get after some more piggys.

blessings,
    vern
    Thanks Vern. For everything.
    Just let me know when you are coming so I can keep the kid out of school to hunt with you a bit.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Yer havin too much fun bub. Now, go git'cher propane bottle filt up, and cut anuther load of mesquite. Ya gonna have to dig a second pit iffn you keep this up. ?si no? @(;^]#>:::

LOL!! My friend and neighbor just made a stainless 4x4 mesh grate that is hinged with another 4x4 grate on top with bearings on both ends for setting on posts over a fire. I provided a 120 volt variable speed controller and motor, chain and gears. Marinade for three days, put whole halves in the grate and wire it shut. Build a pit fire with the two tower supports on each end and hang the grate on the bearings. Attach the motor, controller and chain to the grate and set the speed to just make one full revolution about every 2 minutes. Baste liberally. (The only time the word LIBERAL is good in a sentence.)
    We didn't get this fat by being lazy. We WORKED at it!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by x101airborne View Post
    Thanks Vern. For everything.
    Just let me know when you are coming so I can keep the kid out of school to hunt with you a bit.
    Thank you, sir for your kind invite. I sure wish someone had had a video camera at the ready while you were chasin them little piggys all around with a net! Now THAT would have been some uTube material!

Cast Hunter

Wow, very cool!
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master
    I got two of the same sized ones Sunday. I shot both of mine with my Mini-30 so I only ended up with 7 leg quarters out of the two. I am SO looking forward to next weekend when those quarters get dry rubbed and put on the smoker. How are you prepping yours for the Q, 101? Do you scald and scrape the hair or just skin them?

Doc

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Funny you mention it, I have a reduction gear set in the gay-rage put away for some such sort of thing.

CARRY ON AND BON APPETIT!

Attachment 57953
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodydoc447 View Post
    I got two of the same sized ones Sunday. I shot both of mine with my Mini-30 so I only ended up with 7 leg quarters out of the two. I am SO looking forward to next weekend when those quarters get dry rubbed and put on the smoker. How are you prepping yours for the Q, 101? Do you scald and scrape the hair or just skin them?

Doc
    Starting with warm water, I use 1/2 cup canning salt to a half gallon water. Add in concentrated orange juice, lemon juice and either apple sauce or marichino cherry juice. Allow to sit for two days keeping ice on the meat to moderate temperature. Remove from brine and soak in cold water for at least two hours to remove salt. Stuff with bacon, apples, pineapple, brown sugar. Sew the gut cavity shut with postal string or all cotton string. Use any remaining brine 50/50 with water to cut the salt and add in some more juice and olive oil to increase browning effect. You cannot mop it enough.

Dang, Im hungry.

Boolit Master
    Oh, sorry. They are just skinned.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    I hear dem pigs are made out of meat
    Yeppers! By the world's best pig maker!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by x101airborne View Post
    Starting with warm water, I use 1/2 cup canning salt to a half gallon water. Add in concentrated orange juice, lemon juice and either apple sauce or marichino cherry juice. Allow to sit for two days keeping ice on the meat to moderate temperature. Remove from brine and soak in cold water for at least two hours to remove salt. Stuff with bacon, apples, pineapple, brown sugar. Sew the gut cavity shut with postal string or all cotton string. Use any remaining brine 50/50 with water to cut the salt and add in some more juice and olive oil to increase browning effect. You cannot mop it enough.

Dang, Im hungry.
    Double dang! You made me hungry, too. That sounds really good. I hope I get a chance to head shoot a couple more and try that. I have a rotissierrie (sp?) on my grill that might be the ticket for that.

Thanks!
    Doc

Boolit Master
    Lemme tell ya, you will walk around with a leg bone like a lolly-pop and want to slap anyone wanting to wipe your chin.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.

I want some of them free pigs!

The County Agent keeps telling me we got pigs here. Lots of em.
    The game warden (um, excuse me..... "Conservation Officer") tells me we got pigs here. Lots of em.
    The local soybean farmers keeps telling me we got pigs here. Lots of em.

Where's my piggies!!!??!!

Look how many posts. We're all hungry. Nothing better than feral pig, they are tasty, mouth watering. Just a good ol' pork chop or two roasted over mesquite is good, your way would be better.

Best,
    Rick

"RIDE FOR THE BRAND"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    The County Agent keeps telling me we got pigs here. Lots of em.
    The game warden (um, excuse me..... "Conservation Officer") tells me we got pigs here. Lots of em.
    The local soybean farmers keeps telling me we got pigs here. Lots of em.

Where's my piggies!!!??!!
    The SOB's are wintering in Texas pissing me off. That's where. And I swear iffn I aint fighting the hogs, Im fighting the coyotes or Im fighting the buzzards, or Im fighting the neighbors, or Im fighting the trespassing hunters.
    No wonder older people have an attitude. Another 20 years of this and I will be just something else to live around.

Boolit Buddy
    That makes me want to shoot more of 'em!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast