Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Howdy from Arizona....new guy here

Boolit Mold

Howdy from Arizona....new guy here

Hi all,

I found this place while looking for some general info on casting and reloading.

I loaded a LOT years ago...but it was all for 9mm, .38/.357 and .45ACP (the department NEVER gave us enough training ammo, so I rolled my own).

Anyway....I always used factory projectiles, and I have been interested in casting, so I am jumping in.

A little about me....I am retired LE (I was an officer for 23 years, Patrol, Search & Rescue, Gangs Narcotics SWAT, SWAT Leader, Academy Instructor, and finally after begging...back to Patrol). Now....retired and enjoying it.

Hope everyone but Biden, Feinstein, Pelosi, and Obama have a great day....those previously mentioned can go suck an egg.

By the way....I am an OATHKEEPER...I hope any other current/former LE and Military are as well.

Boolit Master
    Welcome to the family. If you ever get tired of the heat in AZ and decide to come up to the NW to tour Hwy 101 in summer, you are required to stop by.

Welcome AzLEO-retired - my names Art and I'm a boolit addict - are you trying to cast up for pistol's or rifle's in your retired status?

What all can we help you with?

Boolit Master
    Welcome to the forum, there is much to learn here.
    jim

In Remembrance
    Welcome to the never ending learning center for the do it yourselfers. Right when you think you've got it figured out there's more details to learn. Thought I knew a lot when I came to this site only to find out I had just begun learning.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Master
    Welcome. This is THE place to learn about casting and to get any required help.
    ph4570

Boolit Buddy

Welcome to Cast Boolits. Get you an easy chair and some coffee ready. Lots of good info and great people hear. Enjoy, never hesitate to ask questions, and be safe.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Arizonan'. Don't forget to fill in your profile so we can 'KNOW EVERYTHING' about you.
    "An armed society is a polite society" R.A. Heinlein 1907 - 1988

Boolit Master
    Welcome aboard!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Lawman View Post
    Hi all,

Hope everyone but Biden, Feinstein, Pelosi, and Obama have a great day....those previously mentioned can go suck an egg.

ha! yer gonna fit right in here! Welcome aboard

Boolit Master
    Welcome, pull up a chair and sit. We're mostly friendly here.

What part of AZ are you in? I'm in the hot part, myself...
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Mold
    I will be doing casting for pistol caliber 99.9% of the time...though I may get a bug up my tailpipe to cast some thumpers for my .45-70 Marlin that my Dad left me. I still have 14 of he original 20 rounds of Remington that came in the box. I have (what seems like eleventybillion jacketed projectiles) for all my "defensive" caliber rifles...so, I doubt I will be casting any for those...but one never knows.

I live outside of Florence, AZ...so, I am in a dusty, funky old town, and my range is my backyard.

Boolit Buddy

We be right close neighbors then, you retired from PCSO by any chance?
    "An armed society is a polite society" R.A. Heinlein 1907 - 1988

Welcome! You'll get lots of help here. Your first assignment is to read the "stickies" in whatever interests you. Then ask away, everyone here will help. You'll be casting purdy bullets in no time.

Best,
    Rick

"RIDE FOR THE BRAND"

I'm a relative newbie to this site although I've read threads from this site for years.
    You chose a great site for your needs, I've been a gun enthusiast for over 50 years
    and have been reloading for over 30...and probably am a fly spec on the great wall of
    knowledge. ...but there are a lot of specs and some much lager specs that fill in
    most of that wall. Welcome. Very happy to see you're a keeper of the flame.

My Marlin like 5744 with Cast Boolits - I don't like to make up the heavy thumpers like I used too. Do you have your molds already or are you looking to purchase all the casting equipment? What about lead supply - do you have an in with somebody to feed your habit?

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Arizona Lawman! If your wanting to learn casting you've found the best place on the net to do so!
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

And remember, it isn't always about having projectiles, sometimes its about the challenge of shooting something you made yourself in every gun you own. I shoot cast in all of my weapons, even some people thing shouldn't even be in the same room with cast.

Boolit Man

Welcome also! We are neighbors, it seems. I am in San Tan Valley, just 10 miles from Florence. I have been casting and reloading since 1977. Lots to learn from this board, always something to read!

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome!

+1 on spending time with the stickies on subjects of interest.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.