RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What the heck is wrong with people!

Already posted this once: Knew a guy on Long Island once who owned not one but TWO Ford GT-40s. The real things, not the copycats of recent years. Worth a million $$ apiece. He'd taken 'em apart to look at 'em and left them to rust. What a gun-shop owner recently called a "high net worth individual" in a post I read on ?TruthAboutGuns.com?. $1675 for a thousand rounds of Lake City 5.56 is pocket change to them. Really. Hard for us po'folks to imagine. Hard for me to imagine except that I knew that guy with the GT-40s. That shop owner posted that he'd had an individual come into his store ready to drop $100,000 on ARs and accessories. These are the people who are paying these famine prices. Great. The sellers are rolling in dough, and I'd rather they had it than Mr. Gotrocks. May help 'em through what may be a long dry spell.

BTW was by my local gunshow today. Only .5.56 ammo was some sort of ?chinese? junk. Asking price was about 90cents a round. Some 9mm at $25 a box, what would have been $15 in November. Federal Auto Match .22 $40 a box of 350. At least there was some ammo for sale. Place was not crowded, but then it's a small show, mostly local collectors trading back and forth. No primers, no powder.
    Last edited by uscra112; 01-05-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    Cognitive Dissident

Love Life
    If anybody needs them my LGS has FN Scar magazines for $49.95 apiece. I spent some time shooting the breeze and he was telling me how much they had sold. Quite astonishing. Not just ARs, but everything. Suppressors, ammo, etc. When I was in there a guy came in and bought 10 boxes of FGMM for $37.99 a box. You got to pay to play, and some people can pay more than others.

Also the policy for his store and the other two gun stores they own is they will NOT raise prices for panic, but will only raise prices as manufacturers do and keep the same profit margin. I really like that gun shop...

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    My Dad told me a place was getting $5/100 for primers.

I didn't understand why 357 was $5/box much less $10 more than 38s. Colts and ACPs.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Was at the local gun show today.

223's $1 / round.

AR mags $40

only one table had primers $37 for wolf, $45 for win / fed

Was looking for a 10-22 25rd Ruger factory mag. A month ago, I got one for $25, now $50 to $75....I just kept walking.
    NRA life member

LB

In Remembrance
    I didn't know that ruger had a factory 25 round mag at all. Fred meyers had one more hot lips mag for 25 bucks a couple days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces an Eights View Post
    Air rifles, flintlocks and crossbows are becoming a little more attractive each day.
    Aces an Eights, you're not too far off here with that comment. With advancements in air rifle technology, people would be very surprised at what one could do with them now days.

Boolit Master
    I didn't know that ruger had a factory 25 round mag at all.
    they started making them last year

http://www.ruger.com/news/2011-04-29b.html

Before all this stuff started, AKA a month ago, they were $25 - $30. Only a little bit higher than the cheepo aftermarket mags.

I bought my son a 10-22 for christmas, and 1 of these mags. Would like one more, but I'm not going to pay double or tripple.
    NRA life member

LB

In Remembrance
    You learn something every day, I tried one of the hotlips mags several years ago, but didn't like it sticking down below the rifle.

Boolit Master

"Look on the bright side, powder is only about 2X what it cost 15-20 years ago."

Not really! I have some cans of powder from about 20 years ago that are marked #4.35. The same powder now costs $ 28.15. That's a LOT more than a 2X increase! But that's nothing compared to what we are going to see shortly! There is already talk of cutting off imports of foreign ammo and components. That will REALLY hurt, and prices will jump more than we have seen in the past if this comes ture.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123