RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New RCBS Summit Single Stage Press - Weird Look and Operation!!

Love Life
    I'll do a full review on it, and I'll run the sized brass and loaded rds over the concentricity gages to see where it stacks against my other presses. No more over hang for this guy!!

Does that last statement include your belt?
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Love Life
    No. It does not include my belt, which may also be referred to as a shelf.

,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Flashhole said it right!

My Redding Ultramag 700 has all the room anyone will ever need, and then some. The ram & die station are deadnuts aligned.

I also have a Lee Classic Cast press. Again, a simpler design with "deadnuts" alignment between ram & die station

This RCBS unit looks gimmicky, but I'm sure it works.

Yeah, if they really wanted to do something, a return of the A-4 Big Max would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
    It is spendy. You can get 3 Lee Classic Cast presses for the same amount of money. I'm not impressed, at least as it relates to the asking price on the press. My Ultramags won't feel threatened.

Love Life
    I don't like bench overhang. This press gets rid of that, and I already own a Dillon 550B and a Lee Classic Cast.

In Remembrance
    I noticed the lgs had a couple of them on the shelf today. They have been running a 50 dollar rebate on the rockchukers lately.

Love Life
    Mine will be put on my porch today, but I'll be busy attending the Birthday Ball, boozing, and swapping lies.

May Liberty Increase!
    And a happy 238th Birthday to you, Love Life! I've no ball to attend, but will be celebrating anyway.

I will certainly drink a beer in honor of the festive occasion.

Boolit Grand Master

Waiting with bated breath for a real honest-to-God-hands-on-owner's-report!! It's time for another single stage press, just because. I think it has been nearly 20 years since I bought my ancient C-H. I've been looking at the Summit and think I'd like one...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Oooooops!!!! I drank several beers. I hope you had a good time.

Boolit Master
    Holy ****!

My COAX shipped to day and now my red, white, blue 1 of 1000 summit shipped from midway today.

It will almost complete my bench. Now a magma Star and Spolar and I'm done.

The 550, Champion, Ultramag will have great company!

What an anniversary gift from my wife!

take care

r1kk1

I got it to replace my Lee Reloader press for bullet sizing and depriming but it needed some work to get that done. At first glance the pathetically undersized primer catcher cup the Summit came need some work. This was done by just drilling a hole in the Summit primer catcher's "baby bucket" and adding a Lee tube with some hot glue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_16131_zps8e69af79.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	124027

At fist glance it didn't look like the Lee push thru's would work either. But simple PVC pipe fittings get the job done for the Lee bullet sizer

Name:	IMG_1615_zpsea49cddc.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	124029

Name:	IMG_1616_zps8757c7b6.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	124026

I've now done some full length sizing of 7.62x54R, 30/06, M1 Carbine, 6.5x52 (Carcano). The sizing force is directly over the case so that small footprint is directly under all that pressure, exactly where it needs to be. To be honest I didn't think it would be as solid as it is. It's just like the CO-AX with negligible flex. I'm sure this has to do with the platform on which it is mounted as much as the press itself. Of course a good bench, a solid bench, is important to any press but this is an excellent marriage. It requires the same force to size a case as any other press I have including the CO-AX. I likes the ergonomics of both of these presses which some people don't. But then most people aren't as good looking and sexy as me either. As said I'm not planing on using the press for case sizing or bullet seating just decapping and bullet sizing, but it is a solid non flexing press.

Boolit Master
    Good job Daboone!

I was very unimpressed with that wimpy primer catcher when I saw it. I couldn't believe a company like RCBS put that out.
    But now that I think about it, primer retrieval is not their strong suit. Just look at their flagship, the Rockchucker, I mean, Primerchucker.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    Good job Daboone!

I was very unimpressed with that wimpy primer catcher when I saw it. I couldn't believe a company like RCBS put that out.
    But now that I think about it, primer retrieval is not their strong suit. Just look at their flagship, the Rockchucker, I mean, Primerchucker.
    Hi,
    Don't worry the floor will catch them! (I think!)
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345