Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PTR91 or CETME?

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    The FA91 is about the worst of the whole bunch of clones of the DRB rifle, do not buy this cast aluminum receiver rifle. It may shoot ok now, but it will not last like either a PTR91 or a Cetme. To be honest you can't beat the quality of a good PTR, they will out shoot an original HK. That being said you can make a really nice shooter out of a Cetme if you know what you're doing. Stay away from the FA-91 and Hess is barely a step up from the FA. YMMV

Regards,

JP99

Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    The FA91 is about the worst of the whole bunch of clones of the DRB rifle, do not buy this cast aluminum receiver rifle. It may shoot ok now, but it will not last like either a PTR91 or a Cetme. To be honest you can't beat the quality of a good PTR, they will out shoot an original HK. That being said you can make a really nice shooter out of a Cetme if you know what you're doing. Stay away from the FA-91 and Hess is barely a step up from the FA. YMMV

Regards,

JP99
    Are you sure your stepping in the right direction with Hess? Their's were some of the worst I have seen at gunshows.

Love Life
    Hmmmmm. It seems the PTR91 has a lot more QC going on based off of reading everything I can, but that the CETME is no slouch. I like the sights on the PTR91 better though. I have begun negotiations for the PTR91 (NIB). Fingers crossed.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Are you sure your stepping in the right direction with Hess? Their's were some of the worst I have seen at gunshows.
    Yes, I am sure I am stepping in the right direction the FA-91 is definitely a step below the Hess. Hess is about the bottom of the barrel to start with.

Regards,

JP99

Boolit Master

Love Life, if that rifle deal goes through, I have 4 magazines that will work, 20 rounders. If you need em, send me a PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123