RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Favorite 14inch 30/30 Contender Load survey

Banned

Favorite 14inch 30/30 Contender Load survey

Going to be making a deer killer out of a dead stock 30/30 14" old school contender barrel. Wondering what others use as far as powder/boolit combos for deer hunting. Not really needing plinking ammo for this one so the faster/more powerful the better. Might even use this barrel as an excuse to purchase a 150 grain flatnose GC mould as all my 30's are either 120minus or 165plus. A void I have been meaning to fix for awhile now

My cast deer load is 30.0 gr. H322 pushing a 145 gr GC with a CCI-200 primer. It does not seem to matter which brass I use and it give me 1" groups at 100 yards out of my 16" T/C carbine barrel and no leading so far.. The chronograph showed it doing around 2000 fps. No deer take with it yet but I keep trying.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C A Plater View Post
    My cast deer load is 30.0 gr. H322 pushing a 145 gr GC with a CCI-200 primer. It does not seem to matter which brass I use and it give me 1" groups at 100 yards out of my 16" T/C carbine barrel and no leading so far.. The chronograph showed it doing around 2000 fps. No deer take with it yet but I keep trying.

Thanks for the info...that is great as it is really close to where I really wanted to start my load development as I have alot of luck with H322 in other similar guns and happen to have a couple 8lb jugs of it. Looking real hard at the Accurate molds #31-150B....it has dead deer written all over it.

thanks again,
    Mike