Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look what's slipping through Ebay.......

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

Look what's slipping through Ebay.......

They can't catch 'em all.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:WNA:US:1123

A little pricey to me but hey, maybe that's the market these days.

Boolit Master

Man as a dealer I wouldn't touch that with a 23.5' pole. If BATFE sees that he is going to do TIME.......

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master

I've warned several people in the past about this sort of thing. One guy from down south listed a rather nice Smith and Wesson model 10 in nickle for $199 and I sent him an email warning him that Ebay would pull the ad. I also asked him how he thought he could get away with it.....his reply? "It's an antique."

I'm just surprised it fell through the cracks, that's all.

Edit: I just sent this guy an email, warning him that his action is illegal and that ignorance is no excuse. Hope he listens.
    Last edited by 3006guns; 12-27-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Boolit Master

I did the same 06....

Art
    ——Townsend Whelen

—- George Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 3006guns View Post
    ...A little pricey to me but hey, maybe that's the market these days.
    I'd say more'n just "a little pricy". When I looked the high bid was $202.50 (+shipping) but, not so long ago, I snagged a pretty decent Turk...a '43 with an unpitted bore and matching #s (except for the bolt which wasn't numbered)...for $175 out the door.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kraschenbirn View Post
    I'd say more'n just "a little pricy". When I looked the high bid was $202.50 (+shipping) but, not so long ago, I snagged a pretty decent Turk...a '43 with an unpitted bore and matching #s (except for the bolt which wasn't numbered)...for $175 out the door.

Bill
    Yeah, I had my "sarcasm" key fully depressed but I think I need a new keyboard.

I'm sure this poor guy is acting out of ignorance and Ebay just missed the listing somehow, but if the sale is completed he could be facing some rough times ahead. On top of that such an incident might make Ebay to stop the sale of ANY parts.......again.

Boolit Master

Okay, I just got a reply from this moron and he thinks it's o.k. because "it's only a part". I gave him my best capitalized reply, calling him a fool and that several people who know the law are following his ad at this minute. I also told him that if the sale is completed Ebay may shut down all future parts sales and the whole world is going to be mad at him.

Let's see if he has the brains to listen.

Boolit Master

He just sent me the SAME email '06! I explained that if the part that is pictured is what he is talking about it IS a reciever! If it has serial numbers on it it IS a receiver! What a moron! He acted like I was trying to hassle him!

Good thing for him I hate the *batman* worse than his ignorant ***.........................what an idiot!!

Art
    ——Townsend Whelen

—- George Orwell

Boolit Master

Well Tazman, we've done our best. I couldn't find a way to notify Ebay that their monitors are idiots, so I hope the sale goes through.....I really do. Several years ago I placed an ad selling a Japanese type 99 machine gun barrel (allowable at the time) but they saw the words "machine gun" and pulled the ad. That told me what inexperienced people they had working for them.

By the way, I just got the same insipid email saying he trusts Ebay and I'm not the only "registered person" whatever the Hell that means.

Edit: I couldn't stand it.......I finally found the "report item" button on the right side of the ad and turned his azzz in. The idiot will never realize how unknown people just pulled his butt out of the fire. I also emailed and TOLD him I did it!
    Last edited by 3006guns; 12-27-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Banned

so exactly what is illegal he's going to do?

oh wait he hasn't done it yet, so now you can persicute people on things they MAY do?

he's not currently DOING anything illegal.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    so exactly what is illegal he's going to do?

oh wait he hasn't done it yet, so now you can persicute people on things they MAY do?

he's not currently DOING anything illegal.
    No......relax and think this through. IF the sale of that rifle action did indeed go through, both the seller and Ebay have committed a violation of Federal law, right? When Ebay finds out what happened....no matter WHO'S fault it was.......I can guarantee you that they will forbid the sale of gun parts AGAIN just like when that idiot shot up Virgina Tech with high capacity mags purchased through Ebay. That will screw up the sale of legitimate parts for everyone, just because one seller insists he wasn't doing anything wrong.

Postscript: I sent a short email to the guy explaining that I had turned him in for violation of selling policies and that I had probably saved his stupid @$$ from being arrested...and yes, it was worded exactly like that. The reply was "Thank you".

Boolit Master

Looks like it's still active with an hour and a half to go. My question is why would anyone pay $255 for an old Turk receiver? Heck, ten years ago or so I bought a couple complete rifles at Big 5 for $50 each. I wish I had bought more.

I suppose it's not a violation of the law if he ships it only to an FFL, right? Or in-state? Obviously that's not what he's got in mind, though. Not trying to defend the guy, just wondering.

Boolit Master
    But is selling it illegal if he ships to a FFL licensee? Pretty much the same as Gunbroker so why will Ebay be in violation of any regs, they aren't part of the transaction other than as an advertising medium. Granted it violates their holy scripture policies but where is the crime unless he ships it directly to the buyer?

Boolit Man
    Maybe BATFE is the high bidder ?

Boolit Buddy

Well, it's spelled out in the rules - sales of firearms receivers are strictly forbidden on eBay. Now as to him shipping the part - no problem there as long as it goes to a 01 FFL or 03 C&R, or it may be legal if it goes to someone within the same state as he is located.

But my guess is that this person is totally ignorant of the law, and if he is foolish enough to go through with this, especially now that he's been called on it, he deserves what he gets...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by craig61a View Post
    Well, it's spelled out in the rules - sales of firearms receivers are strictly forbidden on eBay. Now as to him shipping the part - no problem there as long as it goes to a 01 FFL or 03 C&R, or it may be legal if it goes to someone within the same state as he is located.

But my guess is that this person is totally ignorant of the law, and if he is foolish enough to go through with this, especially now that he's been called on it, he deserves what he gets...
    Bingo!

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by digger44 View Post
    Maybe BATFE is the high bidder ?
    You never know...

Boolit Master

Maybe BATFE is the seller or the seller is a BATFE schill. Fast and Furious
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Kind of funny, look at the guy's other auctions. He's got the whole works: lock, stock, and barrel (and bolt). If you wanted to, you could buy all the parts and put it together again. If you had the barrel vice and wrench to do it, you could have a nice $100 gun and it would only cost you about $400. What a bargain!

Boolit Master

Quiet! I need quiet when I'm bidding!

I'm astonished that Ebay hasn't pulled it yet......but I've done enough. Let it sell.

Edit: Dang it......you guys distracted me! It just closed at $300......that baby coulda' been mine for only $350!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast