RepackboxPBcastcoWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What prices do the 7.62x54 russian Mosin sell for?

What prices do the 7.62x54 russian Mosin sell for?

I think I might be interested in a Russian Mosin, What is agood price on one? Were do you guys shop for one?

Boolit Master
    If asked a month ago I would have said $120 anywhere you look in excellent condition. Now, I just don't know, but if you can still get one for that price range it's probably a good deal in this day and age.

Boolit Master
    The prices are all over the place. Have a c&r license broadens your choices. Bring a bore light. Look for a shiney sharp bore and good crown. There's also some recently imported "snipers" that are getting decent reviews. Chinese carbine clones are plentiful also at the moment.

Boolit Buddy

I was in a local gun store yesterday and they had a partial case of M44's, had 8 left in the box and they were marked $298.00. Everything had increased in price including the Mosin's. Don't know what they were going for in this store before all the price jumps.

wcp

Boolit Master

WOW! A couple months ago, I bought 2 cans of ammo and they gave me the rifle for free! The price on the ammo was good so I bought it for my sniper. Now I have an extra Mosin.

Big 5 Sporting goods in Cal usually has them for around $125 and on Black Friday had them for $109 for a while..these are "take them as they come" in the box in cosmolene with the normal assortment of attachments and equipment. They are selling regularly now for $225 for a common 91/30 and the 44's and anything special is on up from there...ammo is selling like hotcakes...The fact they are face to face cash and carry (a real oddity in Calif) for only a year more and then they become "regulated" will have people scurrying to buy them before next year...Having a few of them tucked away isn't a bad deal..if the stores go up in price which they will, it will take the whole market up with it....there will be the normal number of folks that call that gouging but the $125 price has been available to all for a very long time...if people didn't see them as a possible investment then it's a shame but a fact of life. I would not be surprised to see the common garden variety Mosin's selling for over $300 later this year and 400 round ammo tins selling for at least double the current $90-120 price.

Boolit Master

Yep, a year ago, they were routinely $90 online, or $120 or so locally (difference made local a few bucks cheaper than paying both shipping and an FFL dealer's receiving fee), for run of the container 91/30 with the full accessory kit (sling, bayonet, cleaning/tool kit, and two ammo pouches). I paid $120 locally for mine in February.

After things settle a little with the gun controllers, I'd expect them to go back to almost that level (a little higher, because everything gets higher over time). These are old bolt action rifles with a 5 round fixed magazine; they won't be affected by anything Obama and the Democrats may try to do to assault rifles (unless they somehow manage to completely ban imports, which seems very unlikely given where most top end sporting rifles and shotguns are made).

Boolit Master
    Just went to the LGS for the first time in about a month, and all of the ammo and surplus rifles have gone up substantially. 91/30 in VG condition with a lightly pitted bore was $299 tins of the Russian silver tip ammo were $175. A Turk K Kale mauser was $299 and a Steyr M95 carbine was 299. The M95 was in beautiful condition with a nice stock and an excellent bore.

G

Then no more then 150.00 would be good?

Boolit Master

Re: What prices do the 7.62x54 russian Mosin sell for?

Quote Originally Posted by brstevns View Post
    Then no more then 150.00 would be good?
    That would be a decent price here in NE Fl. BUT you need to make sure you get one with a good bore. I have a 91/30 that is in exc cond. BUT the bore looks like a rotten sewer pipe.

G

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

“an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wcp4570 View Post
    I was in a local gun store yesterday and they had a partial case of M44's, had 8 left in the box and they were marked $298.00. Everything had increased in price including the Mosin's. Don't know what they were going for in this store before all the price jumps.

wcp
    M44 and M38 have both been rising in price for some time, the M91/59 is higher priced yet followed by the PU sniper. But beware that some PU rifles for sale today are fakes.

Boolit Master

If you are willing to pay a premium price, try to find a Finnish 91, 28, 29, or 39. The Finns had very high standards for accuracy when they rebuilt their captured Mosin Nagant riles. I have several Finns I got great deals on because the seller had no clue to what they had. The Finns were rebuilt by Tikka, Sako, and several others. I have seen M28's with SIG barrels.

G

Boolit Buddy

Is the metal finish any better on the Finns over the Russian?

wcp

Boolit Master

It was last year but I got one on Gunbroker for $80 due to a chipped toe on the stock (factory repaired). I doubt the prices are as good now, but I still wouldn't pay much. There are a blue million of them floating around, and should remain in circulation for some time. Mine was arsenal refinished, and was a return due to the toe repair not being visible until cosmoline was removed. I got a cleaned rifle, for less than most were paying for ones still in factory wrapping.

They're a decent rifle, sturdy as hell. But I wouldn't want to pay more than $150 plus transfer.

Bulldogger

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wcp4570 View Post
    Is the metal finish any better on the Finns over the Russian?

wcp
    Generally the Finns are better finished at least metal work wise. It appears that many of the Finns were early 91's, which have much better metal finish. The Russians ordered rifles from Winchester, Westinghouse & Remington until the revolution when we stopped the sales.
    G

I picked up one a year ago from J&G sales out of AZ for $130.00, select bore.
    GH1

Boolit Grand Master
    My son paid around $80 for his several years ago. Back around the first of December, they were $120 at Fleet Farm.
    Goodness knows what they are now. There were three on the rack when I looked. I would guess they are gone along with the surplus ammo in
    metal cans.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hang Fire View Post
    M44 and M38 have both been rising in price for some time, the M91/59 is higher priced yet followed by the PU sniper. But beware that some PU rifles for sale today are fakes.
    Most all of the "snipers" for sale today are "fakes", if you count a rifle which was not military issued by any Warsaw Pact country, as a "fake". Not counting single rifle sales by collectors who have an actual issue 91/30 sniper (and want a lot of money for it), there are two types of 91/30 Sniper rifles being sold today. One is a rifle and scope package put together here in the US by the importer, the other is a rifle and scope package put together in Russia. As I understand it, both use newly made scope copies but the package put together in Russia has been getting better reviews than the ones put together here in the US.

Ed

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    SNIP

I would guess they are gone along with the surplus ammo in metal cans.

Shiloh
    I told my youngest son that a supplier had 137 cases (2 - 440 round tins) of Bulgarian Light Ball 7.62x54R showing on their website Saturday morning. He got home that afternoon and they had none left. 7.62x54R and 7.62x39 have been flying out of the suppliers as fast as they can get any in stock. And any 5.56/.223 too.

Ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast