I’m surprised that this thread I started in 2012 is still alive. I highly suspect I got a bad batch. I bought these primers during the Obozo shortages. I don’t recall the numbers but I got them cheap especially when supplies were short and price gouging was rampant for all handloading components. Same as we are now experiencing with ammo. Another consideration, I got them from an unknown merchant’s spam email. I can’t say with certainty but is it possible the merchant knew he had a bad batch and low balled the price then disappeared. Been to many years to recall but I did email the vendor expressing my displeasure, failed to get a response and if I recall the facts correctly the email address eventually bounced.

On S&B’s behalf I can honestly say I’ve shot hundreds of their ammo. Not exactly match grade but the low price before the recent gouging makes it ideal for plinking ammo. Once upon a time before the panic buying and hoarding. It was advantageous for me to buy S&B 9MM and 38 Special. Using my limited time at the bench for the more costly ammo such as 44 Special, 45 Colt, 41 Mag, 308 Norma Mag and nearly all rifle ammo. S&B was and hopefully will return as a low cost plinking ammo option to avoid the European steel cased.