RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a .264/ 6.5mm mold?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt.mike View Post
    Gent's
    I pulled that design from this forum discussing the Grendel and cast some where. Reason I posted it is that it "should" be a performer with a Grendel chamber then again maybe not. I would absolutely love the credit for designing that but truth is the truth.
    I emailed JTknives maybe he did not get the e-mail on it, or he is that buried, as I have not heard any traction on this.
    But a Plain base should be offered as well as a Gas check in my opinion. If someone would get a buy going on this I would be in. seeing how 45 2.1 is talking on this one he might be able to set up something heck I would wait a year if we get a sign up sheet and a design going. I suspect what would be the killer or deal breaker on the 100-125grain weight on this mold is the Alexander Arms chamber. IF need be I have a barrel and can cast a cerrosafe of the Chamber Leade/throat to assist the design of the mold and send a 6.5 sierria 120gr and a Hornady 123 Amax, that should help with the ogive.

So somebody shoot a PM that they are doing the design or redesigning I will chamber cast my rifle barrel and send two jacketed bullet that are known workers in the Grendel, provided of course that is agreeable with everyone. AA uses a compound throat, two angles like the Enfield on their reamer (at least that is what Bill Alexander told me personally over the phone). I have even entertained a Swage Die to get going on a half jacket using 22LR fired cases, just to be able to make some boolits.

For the 260 Rem guys you should be able to seat further out and make a go of it. I dunno

45 2.1 pm me on this I noticed you mentioned a chamber casting after typing all this
    Sorry i have been very busy
    It's not the size of your brass that matters, It's how you tumble it.

This is a better look at my cast bullet in relation to the 123gn A Max
    Last edited by Von Gruff; 01-29-2014 at 02:20 AM.
    Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Boolit Buddy

Holly **** guys I have been busy for a while and haven't been around here. I am sure glad to see that this thread is alive and well. I finally have my AA parts, the upper is together, i still need my Magpul PRS stock and JP trigger for the lower. Looking at the price of Amax right now I really hope we can come up with an accurate shooter. How close are we to getting this rolling? And what can I do to help out.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Master
    I like both designs, but I think Von Gruff's design would shoot better due to more bearing surface on the nose. I want to powder coat whatever comes out so I will have to modify the mold any way it comes unfortunately.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by wiersy111 View Post
    How close are we to getting this rolling? And what can I do to help out.
    You're the guy who started this thread..... and I was waiting for you to get a rifle together so you could do a throat impact slug. However, if the rest of these guys want to copy something, you'll get what you get and something that may or may not fit the rifles throat. The people who have done lead with this cartridge report very small groups when the boolit fits. Guessing is making assumptions.... and everyone should know where that leads.

Boolit Buddy

I did an impact cast of my chamber tonight and am not sure it came out good enough for our purpose. How can I tell when I have it perfect?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Buddy

I finally got a good cast that I am comfortable with. It only took half a dozen tries. Thanks for the advise 45 2.1.

Boolit Buddy

I sent the impact cast to 45 2.1 today. Once he gets it and evaluates my work we should be able to start moving forward with this mold. Woo Hooo

Boolit Buddy

Happy new year all. My Grendel is a definite shooter now I need some boolits to feel it. Can't wait until we can move forward with a mould.

Boolit Buddy

"btt"

Vendor Sponsor

Is this moving or has it stalled out?
    Who is in charge with this one?
    Are you in need a pan lube cutter?
    I make custom made cutters in a cutting size of your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please click on the link below . You will find a thread to post your order. Thank you.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...31#post2827331

Support our troops...they are somebody's kids!

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecyberguy View Post
    Is this moving or has it stalled out?
    Who is in charge with this one?
    Everyone is waiting on me.......... I will have the design up when it is ready. I'm not satisfied with it yet. It is NOT dead.

Vendor Sponsor

Thank you, appreciate the work on the design and the feedback.
    Are you in need a pan lube cutter?
    I make custom made cutters in a cutting size of your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please click on the link below . You will find a thread to post your order. Thank you.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...31#post2827331

Support our troops...they are somebody's kids!

Boolit Buddy

Cool! I can't wait to see your design. I'm having a hard time finding Hornady 123grers, plus they are spendy!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wiersy111 View Post
    Cool! I can't wait to see your design. I'm having a hard time finding Hornady 123grers, plus they are spendy!
    I hear you! I have a couple of boxes, but I haven't been shooting much for fear I wont find them. When I do they are over 30$ a box. It sucks being a cheap bastard sometimes.

Boolit Buddy

I find factory loads pretty regular but $26 a box and I am also a cheap skate.

The 123gn A Max is NZ$57 (US$47) and Grendel ammo is about NZ$45 (US$37) here so they are saved for hunting but my cast bullet at 2300fps makes fine play fodder
    Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Boolit Buddy

Thanks Von Gruff now i don't feel as bad paying what I do for ammo and components. Thats crazy.

Boolit Master
    And that is why the 300 Blackout gets so much love. 97$ for 500 Speer tnt 125'S and 17.5 grains of pistol powder. With cast it gets cheaper. I love the Mihec 311410 125 grain hollow-point for it. I wish I was just getting better groups.

Boolit Buddy

How are you doing on the design 45 2.1? I am sure designing a cast boolit for the Grendel chamber is a daunting task.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast