RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a .264/ 6.5mm mold?

Boolit Buddy

I finally talked to someone at Alexander Arms, and it still doesn't look like my parts won't be here anytime soon. So if someone else has a Grendel barrel to slug go ahead, or if feasible we could go with the drawings that we have.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

I will try and slug mine this weekend and advise, if that helps.

Boolit Master
    Everyone I take out now shoots the 6.5 Grendel/LBC. I let them play with their 5.56's, and 6.8's, shoot some and sight in the best they can then pull out the Grendel without saying anything about it. I have a nice 150 yard range that I set up some small targets such as eggs, or a clay or two, and tell them to take em out with their rifle. Then, without trying I clean up the range after they have emptied their magazines without hitting anything. Each shot I take is a direct hit every time. So I show them what the hold over is (actually 2.1" under) at 150 and let them enjoy the most accurate rifle I have ever put together. The grin says it all followed by the talk of selling off their so called accurate rifle to build a Grendel. My chickens have been working over time these days providing me with nice reactive targets. But, the bullet cost is something that still bothers me. Lets see some traction with this one!

Boolit Buddy

Here it is in mid June and I still don't have parts yet. I can't wait to get them and get it together. I would like to see this mold get off the ground so I can have some boolits ready when I get my rifle put together.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Buddy

I finally have a barrel and bolt!!!! Is there still any interest in proceeding with this project?

I'm still interested, and watching.
    God Bless ya'll
    Greg

Je suis Charlie

"You can observe a lot by watching."- Yogi Berra

Shooters Talk Refugee

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wiersy111 View Post
    I finally have a barrel and bolt!!!! Is there still any interest in proceeding with this project?
    I was just over at AA and it looks like they stopped selling the barrels separately. I was asked to put together an upper for a friend, and cant find any Grendel barrels. I like the ARP's, but they are out too.

Vendor Sponsor

I am Very very interested in a Mold .. have a AA 6.5 grendel
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that we are in the process of trying to find a 6.5 design to cut. We are open to any design you guys want. I just noticed that this thread has been going on for a while and so I thought I would just let you guys know.
    It's not the size of your brass that matters, It's how you tumble it.

Boolit Master
    Life again! Wohoo!

Boolit Master
    I like sgt.mike's design, but know nothing about the balance, or if it would shoot well. It sure looks perdy, and it is the right weight. I don't think it would have a problem fitting the throat of a Grendel/LBC.

Boolit Buddy

I am interested in a bullet similar to sgt.mike's offering for my 260 Rem. Maybe a bit more meplat and possibly a small hollow point depending on who makes the mold.

45 2.1, any suggestions for improvements? Thanks, by the way, for all of your many design contributions. Every one of your designs I have purchased via group buys shoots like blue blazes.
    "He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin', somethin's gonna happen." - Cheyenne, Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    45 2.1, any suggestions for improvements? Thanks, by the way, for all of your many design contributions. Every one of your designs I have purchased via group buys shoots like blue blazes.
    Those designs do that because they fit the throat in the barrel and the body fits the cartridge. I will point out that a lot of people have designed boolits, but a whole lot don't shoot really well. This boolit is for the 6.5 Grendel. I would make sure it fit the cartridge and several representative semi-auto barrel throats IF you want a good shooter. A good representation is the commercial Saeco boolit.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 45 2.1 View Post
    This boolit is for the 6.5 Grendel. I would make sure it fit the cartridge and several representative semi-auto barrel throats IF you want a good shooter. A good representation is the commercial Saeco boolit.
    What is your opinion on the suitability of a boolit designed for the Grendel, as described, for use in the 260 Remington?
    "He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin', somethin's gonna happen." - Cheyenne, Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    What is your opinion on the suitability of a boolit designed for the Grendel, as described, for use in the 260 Remington?
    I have several friends who had both cartridges and used the Saeco boolit. Both shot pretty well. It all depends on the barrel throating as to what works and doesn't work.

What really is needed is a lead throat slug with the case integral to the slug. Pure lead does not change dimension with time as does cerrosafe. I need that from several makers rifles... even AA. That would give a good representation to what would fit and then options can be determined.

Banned

Guys,

I have a few of Von Gruff's boolits left if you want that design, he seems to be getting good accuracy with them. If I could get a drawing made I can deliver molds about 3 weeks after I get the cherry. I am going to start mold production and would love to take on this challenge.

You never said how they shot for you Josh.
    Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Von Gruff View Post
    You never said how they shot for you Josh.
    They chambered and shot great! For anyone that was interested I am shooting them out of a 260 remington pistol that the throat was set up for the 123 A-Max so they should work great in the AR/6.5 Grendel platform. I was getting 100 yd groups that were in the 1.5" range using red dot, unique, and 2400.

Boolit Buddy
    Guys count me out,I'm going the patched boolit path
    Good luck and good hunting.
    Cheers
    "...Some days its rocket science, and some days it just zinc..."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast