Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: 00 buckshot

Boolit Bub

00 buckshot

I just started reloading 12 g, and had a question about the shot column. Powder first, then(2) 1/2" fiber wad then (9) 00 buckshot. 29grs of hs6. I have 12s4 wads i have used as well, 29grs of hs6, then a small piece of fiber wad, then 12s4 wad with 8 or 9 00 buck. Casted 00 buck, but some of the shot had a tip on it from being cut from each other. On a couple I also placed a clear overshot card on top of the 00 shot, fold crimped. Maybe someone will see this combo and give me some tips...is it safe to shoot? 8 instead of 9 00buck with 29 grs of hs6. Hogdon calls for 38 grs hs6 using the 12s4. Any thoughts? I had this same feeling about metallic cartridges and firing them the first time. Want to make sure I am being safe, not dumb. I understand hs6 is hot and the hulls I got from bpi have magnum primers. I am a newb.

Banned
    Hello QwickSting, please read my post:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Buckshot-loads!
    if you have spare time then read this too!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Buck-amp-Slugs
    Drink good hot coffee while reading and enjoy the pictures as well!

Regards,
    Ajay
    BlazingSabots@Gmail.com
    Blazing Sabots, LLC
    www.BlazingSabots.com
    http://www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots?ref=hl
    www.PreciousVideoMemories.com

Boolit Bub
    I think my concerns are over the wad i am using. I have not fired these shells. It would seem it should be ok to use 1/2" wads instead of the standard plastic wad/shotcup. What did the old timers use before plastic?? I was concerned about over pressure. Is that a legitimate concern?

Boolit Buddy
    for what it's worth, when i had some cast buckshot (used it all up and am waiting to buy a mold before i make anymore) i would put 8 pellets (00 buck) in a winchester wad (WAA12 - 1 - 1 5/8 oz) with cream of wheat filler on top of 33 grains of hs-6. all that inside federal buckshot hulls. high brass.

the cream of wheat came out to 42 grains give or take. so pretty much 9 pellets.

as i recall they were pretty tame compared to the factory stuff that federal put in.