Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ar mags gouging

Boolit Master

ar mags gouging

wow just saw a F/S post on THR the highroad 30 ar mags $650.
    what a deal
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Gunbroker has 10 P-mags for $505 with 41 bidders and 30 minutes to go. 10 Oakley mags for $404 with 1 hour to go. Good thing I ordered 27 P-mags on Monday. Do I hear an auction starting? LOL
    I would like a little lube with my OBAMA CARE!

Love Life
    My friend is stationed at Camp Pendleton. He can buy 30 rd magazines at the clothing sales store for $9.50 apiece new in the wrapper. They are standard mil-spec mags. If anybody wants me to have him get some then let me know and I will start the wheels in motion. Price gouging is not acceptable.

Boolit Master

thats a GREAT offer
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Love Life
    Correction: I just called him, slandered his mom, and asked him about the magazines. They are $13.50 apiece.

Boolit Grand Master

AR magazines are not an essential commodity. No one has to buy them. If someone wants to pay me $50 each for something I paid $7.50 for, shame on them, not me.

ADMIN

Its funny that all my friends thought old Hatch was crazy buying up all these guns, primers, powder and lead over the past few months....
    I mean really 3000 lbs of lead do you need that??? Do you really need another AK??
    Guess who isn't so crazy after all...

A AK that I purchased 3 years ago is now worth 3 x's what I paid for it....

It remains for the imprudent who failed to buy in the good times to pay starvation prices in the bad times.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    It remains for the imprudent who failed to buy in the good times to pay starvation prices in the bad times.
    Very true indeed.

Love Life
    No worries. The offer is out there. Ya'll know where to get cheap, quality 30 rd mags if you don't want to get taken to the cleaners. As a matter of fact I believe I will list some today...

Cast Hunter

Monday Cheaper-than-dirt had Cammenga 20 round AR-15 mags selling for $21.97. By Wed they jacked the price up to $39.97. Dang price gougers!

Boolit Master

I just bought 10 AR15 30 round mags from Bravo Company for $9.99 each, and they've been on sale at that price forever. They are made by D&K, a military supplier. If they show out of stock, Bravo company has email notification for when they are back in stock. I've ALWAYS got first class merchandise from them, first class service, and never seen them jack prices around ever.

Boolit Buddy

You guys are soooo lucky. I live in New York and have to pay gun show prices.

Love Life
    I'll find out soon enough what I can get my hands on. When I do I'll list in the group buy section.

On a side note for those states that can't have any current made 30 rd magazines, are you allowed to buy parts kits?

Boolit Grand Master

Gouging? Hogwash, basic economics.

It is called supply and demand. When the demand exceeds the supply of any commodity,
    the price increases as competing users bid for the commodity.

This ensures that the commodity is put to it's best use, and not wasted, and permits the
    system to react and increase the supply. At a higher price, maybe a mag maker will
    put a second shift on or pay extra to get a sheet metal order shipped express, or
    get his plastic injection moldings done as a priority and get more mags to the market
    quickly. No incentive to do this extra stuff at the old prices.

Suppose I decided to buy out the whole lot at the $9.50 price, even though I really have
    plenty of mags, and wanted some more "just in case", and they will sit on my shelf
    for years unused. If the price goes up to $25, I will buy none, and the guy that REALLY
    needs a few because he has NONE and his new rifle is useless without it will get a few
    for a higher price. So which is better, NONE for $9.50 or SOME for $25? Equitable
    distribution according to the end user's own priority is the result of higher prices. Sitting
    on my shelf unused or in a guy's gun that had NONE, which is a better thing? Higher
    prices is what causes this better thing.

Thomas Sowell has a really excellent book "Basic Economics" well worth reading,
    he is a really smart guy.

Walter Williams has written about this several times:

http://townhall.com/columnists/walte.../price_gouging

Williams is another really smart guy. He explains it far better than I can.

Bill
    Last edited by MtGun44; 12-20-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    Look at the price spreads on gunbroker and find the best deal on a BUY NOW you can stomach. The price may come down, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

I was sleeping at the switch last week, but was able to score some P-MAGS at two local shops yesterday. One is now out of mags and the other limits purchases to 2 per customer....they're probably out of mags by now. They're also out of the cheap bulk 22 LR ammo, as well as 5.56 NATO!

IF you don't have the AR or magazines or ammo or primers, powder and j-words, you'll either do without or empty your wallet!

Boolit Grand Master

Price WILL come back down, it is just a matter of when. Could be months, could be years.
    It was ~12 yrs last time due to a government created artificial shortage. When the
    government quit causing a shortage, prices fell relatively quickly and have been low
    for many years. Keep the government out and there will be plenty of cheap stuff.

Unfortunately,it APPEARS (I am unconvinced) to many that there will be another gov't
    created shortage so panic buying creates a temporary REAL shortage. Self fulfilling
    prophecy.

Bill

Boolit Grand Master

So, I have an excess Colt Preban HBAR with the factory rubber covered scope and
    cheekpiece, in near new condition, it has been a safe queen for quite a while,
    forget the exact model, maybe Delta. Any idea what that is going for in these
    panicy times?

Bill

Boolit Grand Master

Sold every AR magazine in stock the day after and now can't get any more.

Boolit Master

One way to get this economy moving!
    You can't buy common sense,and stupidity can't be fixed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast