Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: .45 acp concealed carry, are there any real CC .45s?

Para Ordanance Warthog! 10 Round double stack mag. Check out link.

http://www.impactguns.com/para-ordna...752110110.aspx
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Boolit Buddy
    X2 on the little Para Ordnances. I carry the P-10 which is the predecessor to the Warthog. It's a solid no-frills 3" .45

Pretty darn accurate, and quite reliable. The only bad thing is that 10 or 11 rounds of .45 ammo gets heavy after a long day.

Boolit Master
    I carry a Kimber Custom Shop Elite Carry. I'm not sure what model they call it now, CDP I think.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Just came across These grips on Flea Bay and I really wished they made them for the Compact 1911's And the Price is decent, Wow just BEAUTIFUL MADE FROM BILLET ALUMINUM

LINK HERE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140.jpg 
Views:	661 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	57873
    Ваши умершие

Boolit Master
    I have a 1911 officers model that I carry all the time but I also have a Taurus PT 145 that is a great carry gun. It holds 11 rounds with the chamber loaded and weights is several oz less than my Officers model and it is more compact. I carry it in the summer in an in the pants holster and it disappears nicely. I love 1911s but I have never had a single problem with the Taurus so I have confidence in it.

Banned

I have one and love it. I once sold it and got lucky enough to be able to get it back. I actually had to cdps with officers sized grip frames one with the 3 inch barrel and one with the 4. I ended up getting rid of the 3 inch gun. It was cute but the 4 inch gun was just more reliable, more accurate (alothough both shot real well) and not a bit harder to conseal. Most of what prints on a 1911 is the grip frame. I use a iwb holster and barrel lenght just doesnt matter much. The cdps arent cheap but for around a grand you can buy one and they have about everything out of the box thats need to make it a great ccw gun. they have features comparable and quality comparable to guns that cost twice the asking price. Ive allway said that a kimber cdp is probable the best bang for the buck of ANY 1911. Again there not cheap but add up what youd pay to get everything done to them that kimber does and youll see what kind of bargin they are.

Ive recently bought some glocks and have found them to be great guns. I picked up a 20,23 and a 26. I thought the 26 would make a great gun for ccw. It IS RELIABLE no doubt but that chubby little gun just isnt comfortable to me to carry iwb. I can put a 1911 there and forget i have it on. that little glock reminded me all day long it was there. I kept the other two but the 26 went down the road. Its just tough to beat the slim profile and the consealability of a commander or a officers sized 1911. Plus there just cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc65 View Post
    Kimber CDP which is basically a Commander length Officers ACP(4" barrel & 1/2" shorter grip frame). LOVE mine...

I finally found a Springfield Armory XDS 45 ACP and love it. However, it is teaching me new things about reloading 45 ACP. My Kimber Compact, Colt 1911s, and Glock 30 will eat almost anything; not so the XDS. These things are tight, and really require a taper crimp to .470. Crimping to .470 is HOLY **** THAT IS A LOT OF CRIMP for me, but anything less than that means ejecting an unfired round ain't happening without using the edge of a bench to push the slide against. Only one range session so far, but I think my new reloading practices will solve the few problems I had.
    Reliability does have me wondering why I don't just stick with the Kimber, but the XDS is more slim and much lighter.
    Tony

Boolit Master
    I carry a Para Ordnance p12 that Kent Singletary slicked up for me. 12 in the handle and one in the pipe. 1 1/2" at 25 yards if I do my part. Couldn't ask for more. Rod

Banned

often thought about trying one of those 3 inch lda paras. If it ran well i think it could be about the ideal ccw 1911. Pull and shoot with no safetys.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodsvet View Post
    I carry a Para Ordnance p12 that Kent Singletary slicked up for me. 12 in the handle and one in the pipe. 1 1/2" at 25 yards if I do my part. Couldn't ask for more. Rod

I have an RIA officers model which carries well behind the right hip. I have a menickle belt, but just a cheap tagua holster. It hides under a light shirt. I 95 % of the time carry a Birdshead vaquero in 45 acp in a mernickle holster. recently I have been packing 2- the vaquero and the blackhawk. One behind the hip ( the blackhawk) and the vaquero on crossdraw. I'm 6 feet 190 and slim waisted so have never had an issue hiding any of these under an untucked shirt. When I carry the two revovlers I do wear a vest. The Rock Island compact is cost friendly, shoots well, feeds whatever I chamber and is remarkably accurate. It does wear out recoil springs quickly. I have never had any issue with weight, even carrying two single actions and ammo in pouches: as others have stated a good belt and leather combo is the difference. I, myself, never considered weight, but chose the weapons for carry I was most proficient with and have the most punch. If Texas was an open carry I'd carry the 7 1/2 blackhawk and alternate the smaller one and the vaquero as second guns. YMMV
    Jason

Boolit Bub
    XDS is only 1/16" wider and 1/4" longer than a keltec PF9. Heavy enough to handle .45 recoil.
    they now have plus1 & plus 2 mags so for CC 7+1 with Jhp +p will do the job well.
    Last edited by migtek02; 01-10-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Added info
    Molon labe!
    NRA Life member
    Appleseed Rifleman
    Can you survive the End of the world? http://BattleRoadUSA.com/

Boolit Master

Years ago I carried a Lightweight two tone Officers model. Nice compact .45 that weighed 24-27oz or so, same weight and size as my 6906. Didn't shoot it as well as compared to my full size 5" 1911 but it carried better. My son currently carries a G30.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Master

Sig P220 Carry in a Crossbreed Horsehide holster here.

Nice to see that most of us had the same cartridge choice - can't beat a good ol .45

I would love to pick up one of those Kimbers though...

Banner Sponsor

I've had a Star PD for a couple of years now and really like it. It has an Aluminum frame and is pretty light, holds 6 rounds, has adjustable sights. I paid about $325 for mine and see them listed from 250-350ish.

Boolit Buddy

Springfield Compact 1911, basically a officers frame with a commander slide and Novak night sights and ambidextrous safety. Carry in Crossbreed super tuck IWB. shoots really well and has been 100% reliable so far.

Are there any real CC .45s?

I think that the posts here have shown that you can conceal just about any .45 except maybe the Thompson submachine gun and I wouldn't rule that out!

My son carries a Springfield XDS in a IWB holster and talon grips. I have personally shot it and is as accurate as my XD. It just barks a little louder and massages your hand a tad more.

Second range session today with the XD-S. It was flawless through 100 rounds of assorted brass, NOE BD45-210 HP over 6.0 Unique, and Tula LP primer. Did have one primer failure, and the round also failed to fire in the 1911. Learned one thing today - the XD-S is a great carry platform; reliable, lightweight, and thin. Confirmed another thing today - if I ever have to defend myself or family from any threat with a handgun, I want a 1911. I'll carry the XD-S, but am thinking about a compact alloy frame 1911 as the perfect CCW.
    Tony
    Last edited by AnthonyB; 01-15-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Anybody got or used a Taurus Millenium Pro compact?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Quote Originally Posted by palmettosunshine View Post
    Are there any real CC .45s?

I think that the posts here have shown that you can conceal just about any .45 except maybe the Thompson submachine gun and I wouldn't rule that out!
    Yup, but I really prefer to not push that issue, a sawed off shotgun is easy to conceal if you try hard enough.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast