Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: .45 acp concealed carry, are there any real CC .45s?

i carry a Kimber pro tac II with no problems and a colt comander, it is just a little heavier. But in ND we have winter most of the year so a jacket isnt out of place.
    Giving money and power to Government, is like giving Whiskey and Car Keys to teenage boys!!!!

REMEMBER,,, Boys and Girls,,, An EMPTY gun is just an ugly club!!!!

If you want to carry a 45, you have to carry what you are comfortable shooting. I love my 1911's, and I carry my "Cast Boolits Kimber Ultra Carry" (thanks again everyone!!!!!) as my EDC. Wherever I go, it goes with. It has been mentioned before but DO NOT dismiss the most important piece of gear for CC- the gunbelt. I have been carrying CCW for the better part of 2 decades and I can tell you that is the one thing that will make it or break it for most people. Take a look at Jerry Bissell gunbelts at www.jbgunbelts.com you cant go wrong for the money. Give one a shot- If you hate it, I guarantee if you don't like it someone will take it off your hands for what you paid for it.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"
    Theodore Roosevelt

I LOVE my Glock 36. Very easy to carry!
    Semper Fi

Boolit Master
    I really love my Glock 36. It is ultra reliable, something most officer sized 1911's can't claim. I like to pocket carry and the 36 is nearly as comfortable as a J frame in that role.

I carry a Taurus pt 24/7 .45. It fits great inside the pants (front right left of your hip bone)
    i have 10 and 15 round mags for it.
    it fits so well where I carry it that it doesn't print under a T shirt

Boolit Master

I was looking for a Glock 30 SF when I found a used RIA compact, looked like it had never even been fired, for just over $300. Stopped looking for the G30 lol. The RIA is accurate, controllable and easy to carry.

Boolit Master
    Kimber SS TLE/RL II. Under the jacket I do this. Ron

Boolit Bub
    I wrestled with the question of what to carry and settled on a keltec pf9 cause it's so ligth you don't even notice it. I chose it mostly due to the weigth and it's small size only .88 inch thick. I have carried G17, G27, P11, Pt145. For me the 9 was the best option for summer tshirts and shorts. BUT ... Now that the Xds is out there I'm looking for one now it's .90 inch wide (1" officially due to the slide release) but should be very comfortable to carry. Just need to shoot one to see if we get along
    Molon labe!
    NRA Life member
    Appleseed Rifleman
    Can you survive the End of the world? http://BattleRoadUSA.com/

Boolit Master

Attachment 56838Attachment 56839
    have a look at the XDS 45ACP
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

If you get American Rifleman or Shooting Times, check out the latest articles on the XDS. Per their review, "might be the best concealed carry .45 of all time."

Boolit Buddy

After reading ALL the above, I'm about to change my carry
    gun. I see nobody carries what I feel is a great one to carry.
    For 'bout 20+ years it's been "SMITH & WESSON 645". Gives
    me 8+1 shots (you'll never use them all, but????). Single
    stack, great sights. I stand 6'4" and weigh 230 lbs. and it
    feels good. After 36 yrs. of carrying a revolver (open carry)
    I went to the range at least twice a week just to "get the
    hang of the change". First shot is double action, the rest of
    the stack is all single. On second thought, I'd rather not make
    that change.. Best of luck to y'all. bigmac

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP YOUR GUNS..

[COLOR="#FF0000"]MANY YEARS AGO I GAVE AN OATH TO DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION FROM
    A-L-L TRAITORS, BOTH FOREIGN & DOMESTIC NOW, AT 78, I'M READY AGAIN TO ANSWER THE CALL.
    COLOR]

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    I have carried a full size 1911 for years without an issue. I carry it in the pants with my shirt over it in the summer and in a waist holster under my jacket in winter. About a year ago I bought and Rock Island officers model that I have been carrying in lieu of my full size pistol and am perfectly satisfied with it. It is accurate and I only loose 1 round of capacity but save a few ounces of weight and it is a bit more compact but actually no easier to conceal.

Thank you all for your imput. I don't wear a belt, and that about does it for anything with a lot of weight (does it anyway for "pocket" carry). I use a belly band and can conceal some large (Sig 245) guns inside the top of my pants that way. Kel Tec P11 is nice and light, but must be loaded way down or it rips the skin off of my hand. Kahr trigger is spozed to be much better too. I'm thinking xds, or maybe older sig, or even an astra 75, though not really light (beats 44 ozs hollow though). The Kahr PM (I think) series is very small and does come in 40 S&W, though I think you might need the longer grip of the CW4543. I'll probly just sit on this for a while, and let my thinking crystalize, not like I don't have something already to carry.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Mold
    Bersa Thunder .45 Compact. I had one of these, and I really liked it. It felt like a large PPK, and shot well too. With the aluminum frame, it was light and easy to carry. I like the DA decockers for cc. Not my picture :Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bersathun.bmp 
Views:	33 
Size:	621.9 KB 
ID:	57766

My Carry gun has been either a H&K USP C 40S&W or Springfield Armory Micro compact 45, But I just recently got a Kimber Ultra Carry II SS and going to start using it as one of my primary carry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1Kimber1.jpg 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	57768Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c1.jpg 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	57769

Name:	toy2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	57770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	57771

Name:	1Kimber2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	57772
    Ваши умершие

Boolit Master

Either the G36 (Really enjoy mine, shoots cast great with factory barrel), or the S&W Model 457. Both single stack and both a handful. I had a 457 years back and enjoyed it.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a Kimber CDP II Ultra in .45 ACP. It has been a total surprise and pleasure. The first time I shot it was at 25 yards standing. The worst shot was a nine. My shooting buddies eyes fairly bugged out

Dale53

Quote Originally Posted by Dale53 View Post
    I have a Kimber CDP II Ultra in .45 ACP. It has been a total surprise and pleasure. The first time I shot it was at 25 yards standing. The worst shot was a nine. My shooting buddies eyes fairly bugged out

Dale53
    That sure is a sweet looking Kimber you have there.
    Ваши умершие

Boolit Buddy
    I could not find what I wanted, so I made my own. Para P12 with a 4 1/4 barrel. Lots of good parts, time and file work made a very nice carry piece.

Boolit Grand Master

CZFAN;
    I have to confess that I traded for that pistol after seeing it. I am definitely NOT a person who is impressed by "Bling" - however, in this case, the pistol was so dern pretty that I had to add it to the collection.

The surprise came when I found how well it shot. My first loads were with the H&G 130 short nosed SWC and it fed them perfectly and shot to point of aim at 25 yards. How nice it was ("Pretty is as pretty does"...)

Dale53

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast