Like gliden said half the fun of this is experimenting. Ive found that a cup of brown sugar adds alot of flavor to 10lbs of sausage, especially summer sausage. Ive also found to my tastes anyway. a mix of 15lbs of pork but to 10lbs of venison makes a much better bratt or fresh sausage. 50/50 can be a bit dry tasting. Dont be afraid to experiment. Its kind of like casting and loading. Youll find little things that make it your own. to me this hobby has become just as additive as casting if not more.
Quote Originally Posted by Gliden07 View Post
We use to mix 50/50 Boneless Pork Butt and Game meat and make any kind of Sausage that you want. Basically substitute this 50/50 mixture for the meat in any Sausage recipe. We made Kelbasi, Hot Italian Sausage, Sweet Italian Sausage, Brats anything and everything used Deer, Bear, Moose etc...

Don't be afraid to experiment we use to make Italian Sausage with Black Sambuca because one of my buddies did'nt like the Anise Seeds. Make the Sausage and when you think its seasoned the way you want it make a little patty fry it up and taste it add what ever you think it needs. Have fun!!