RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Did A Little Moving Today

Boolit Master

Did A Little Moving Today

After moving my stash several times too many over the past 18 months it is time to move it again in 2- yes TWO- weeks thanks to a realtor who let me move from where I was 3 hours away into a rental house for my new job. Lesson learned- make sure the homeowner knows his house has been rented! Lets just say things aren't just real peachy between the realtor and I right now. Anyway, here is what I moved. Again. Second time in two weeks. Did I already say that? Well lets just put things into perspective here...

There is about 80 of these little jewels. Sample boxes have been put on the scales at between 65 and 80 lbs.

This is what it looks like after I set a bunch of my buckets in front. There are more. Plenty more. Everything was in 3 and 5 gallon buckets but I was tearing my back up moving them so I divided what I could into the smaller buckets.... much easier to move when hunched over in the back of a Uhaul. I have to get some smaller buckets to divide the remaining larger buckets into at the house. I believe I had 17 of the small buckets at about 25 lbs or so estimated. There are 6 more linotype pigs at the house along with 750 lbs of shot. That is rolled up pure lead on top of the stash.

And a little eye candy. Bunches of this stuff in that pile.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

I'd be happy to help move it, for a cut
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Make up a 20 lb mold with built in handle's

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by zuke View Post
    Make up a 20 lb mold with built in handle's
    O yea, or a piece of chain.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    O yea, or a piece of chain.
    Brilliant idea!

Boolit Grand Master

Show that realtor what his feet are going to be encased in if he tries that again.
    Maybe you just need to buy a heavy duty trailer to put your stash in and leave it.

arrrrrh stop all that foolishness and move it into my basement. I will watch it like a hawk. and I swear never ever to touch a bare hand on it. Gandy. PS and you can move all you want and know where its at any time you need some.I'm always home.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

You're not getting any sympathy from me...only jealousy.

Boolit Master

When you stop paying on the storage unit and they auction it off, I want to be there!

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Be on watch for a small used fork lift, good hardwood pallets, and a 7 ton trailer for your next move. I'm curious, when do you find time to work?
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master

I guess I could go gangster style and fashion up a pair of lead shoes. I never thought about that. You guys are the best.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master
    Get a new realtor!!!
    R.D.M.

I'm looking for an old aluminum ice cube tray to cast some weight's for the back of my Geo Tracker.
    Care to donate for the cause?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    Be on watch for a small used fork lift, good hardwood pallets, and a 7 ton trailer for your next move. I'm curious, when do you find time to work?
    Well lets see. I lost my job outside of Atlanta in May of this year when the guy I worked with quit and moved to Florida. The rental house I was in was getting foreclosed on and I didn't want to stay in the Atlanta area so I moved everything back to Kingsport, TN where it went into storage. From there I did a temporary job in Maine for 3 1/2 months. I didn't move anything there. From there I accepted a job in Chattanooga, TN and moved everything 3 hours to here from Kingsport right after thanksgiving. Now I realize I made a bad choice moving here as the guy I work here is, to be nice, a douche bag. I am likely going to take a job in Hickory, NC but that won't happen very fast. After getting screwed over by the realtor (gotta be out by the end of the year) I am taking everything out of this rental house that I don't need and put it in a neutral area (storage) until my plans get ironed out. It has not, repeat has not, been a very good year and a half. I am strongly contemplating just living in a long-term hotel deal until I find out what I am doing because I sure as hell don't want to get locked into a long-term contract living anywhere right now.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post
    Well lets see. I lost my job outside of Atlanta in May of this year when the guy I worked with quit and moved to Florida. The rental house I was in was getting foreclosed on and I didn't want to stay in the Atlanta area so I moved everything back to Kingsport, TN where it went into storage. From there I did a temporary job in Maine for 3 1/2 months. I didn't move anything there. From there I accepted a job in Chattanooga, TN and moved everything 3 hours to here from Kingsport right after thanksgiving. Now I realize I made a bad choice moving here as the guy I work here is, to be nice, a douche bag. I am likely going to take a job in Hickory, NC but that won't happen very fast. After getting screwed over by the realtor (gotta be out by the end of the year) I am taking everything out of this rental house that I don't need and put it in a neutral area (storage) until my plans get ironed out. It has not, repeat has not, been a very good year and a half. I am strongly contemplating just living in a long-term hotel deal until I find out what I am doing because I sure as hell don't want to get locked into a long-term contract living anywhere right now.
    My sympathy. Getting a steady job that you enjoy and pays well can be difficult.
    And right now finding a job that will last is a concern as well.

Have you considered the oil patch in Alberta or Saskatchewan , or Montana? Or North Dakota?

Boolit Master

I`m in middle ground & won`t charge a "dime" for storage !

But I can`t blame ya for keepin it ,as supplies for our madness are gettin scarcer by the day .

I`ve seen handles bent from round rod ,then set in the melt for handles . Then when ready just sit it back in & fire `er up .

Good luck with the job !!!
    GP100man

You have all of us drooling on that pile of silver gold......
    High Hook

Boolit Master

Have you considered the oil patch in Alberta or Saskatchewan , or Montana? Or North Dakota?

I interviewed at a place in Hamilton, Montana in August. I wasn't sure about the job when I was there and I didn't get it I am sure due to someone local applying. Economics says it is cheaper to hire someone local than move another person across the country. It was a nice 4 days, though. I had never been there. I have never been in an airport (Missoula) with mounted elk, Mountain Lion, and Bear.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post

I interviewed at a place in Hamilton, Montana in August. I wasn't sure about the job when I was there and I didn't get it I am sure due to someone local applying. Economics says it is cheaper to hire someone local than move another person across the country. It was a nice 4 days, though. I had never been there. I have never been in an airport (Missoula) with mounted elk, Mountain Lion, and Bear.
    If you have ever watched the movie "Little Big Man" there is a classic line that I think of when ever any one tells me they are going to mount a trophy. Old Lodge Skins (Dan George) says "did she show pleasure when you mounted her?"