Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: New .45 shooting way high

Banned

New .45 shooting way high

I picked up a new Iver Johnson Hawk today. I took it out shooting and it is shooting really high. Like 2 feet at 20 yds. It has the Novac style sights on it. I have a Citadel and the cuts on the frame are not standard size so I have been told. Being this is made in the Philippines like my Citadel, does anyone know if the cuts are the same?

I found these 2 pictures on the IJ website. It shows what the cuts are. Do they look like standard cuts or metric like the Citadel.

Attachment 55968Attachment 55969

These sites have no dots. I am using a 6 o'clock hold. Sites are flush with each other. Shooting at 20 yds at a 24" round steel plate. I had to hold aprox 12" low and 6" rt just to hit the plate at 11 o'clock.

Boolit Master
    Can't you get a repalcement front that is higher?
    That would be my first thought.

Boolit Master

If it is made by Armscor I would call their warranty center in Nevada. They are really good to deal with and they will help you out. That is odd my RIA shoots right on with 230 grain bullets.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Contact your warranty point of contact. If the sights are phisically centered on the slide, I suspect that your barrel bushing or barrel are not machined on center. If the slide has no barrel bushing, then the slide is machined off center. While a higher front sight will correct the elevation, it is only concealing the off center machining problem.