WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Star adjustable powder bar

Boolit Bub

Star adjustable powder bar

Does anyone know where I can get an adjustable power bar? I have 38 special and 45 machines.

Boolit Buddy
    Sent you a pm with info to a guy that makes them and a bunch of other Star items

Angus6, I've used Star loaders for 40 yrs., got 3 of them, with the Non-adjustable bars, haven't I suffered enough, please tell me where i can get an ADJUSTABLE one. Thanks, H10
    Hank10
    NRA endowment life
    SASS life
    NMLRA

Boolit Master

Hank 10
    If you do E-bay they are for sale on there by the guy who makes them. I am sure you can get the contact info .

Everybody to their own preferences, but I had several powder slides/bars of the same size. I drilled one of them out to 1/2" and made bushings out of a piece of 1/2" 6061 aluminum rod I bought off fleabay. It takes a couple of tries to get them just like you want them, but then the slide throws exactly the same thing each time. For finding the size for 1/2" slides, I bought an old Pacific powder measure that has the 1/2" square slide and takes Hornady/Pacific bushings. This makes finding the size of the hole a piece of cake. I have about 20 bushings and a chart for what size throws what gr. in what powders I use and haven't looked back. The adjustable bars bring from $100 up. I had one and traded it for a Brewster indexer. I haven't missed it being gone.
    RS
    Every time I'm about to do something, I think "Would an idiot do this?" and if he would, I do not do that thing

Boolit Mold
    Angus6, Is the information you sent (several years ago) to Bruce Williams? I'm trying to get a powder bar as well for a Universal I inherited a while back. As is, it's only set up to throw 2.7 grains and I need one to be able to throw 6 grains on up.

I don't currently offer adjustable charge bars, maybe in the future. I do offer powder bars that accept interchangable bushings and I make custom bushings for the charge of your choice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Business Card.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	157998

Bruce Williams
    Star Machine Works