Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Star Lubesizer or Ballisti-cast Lubesizer?

Star Lubesizer or Ballisti-cast Lubesizer?

Really on the fence here and could use some simple advice.

Little background may help too. Been casting since last year, 99% .452 range lead boolits used for USPSA. Have been tumble lubing with 45/45/10 which has been fine but i want to eliminate the Lee sizer step and get a Lubesizer. Starting to cast .40 for shooting in Limited division too. For those of you who don't shoot competition, suffice to say we go thru a ton of ammo. Literally.

I have looked at all the vids and read all the threads many times over in regards to both products but need a little push in one direction or the other.

Anybody here have any experience with both the Star and the Ballisticast Lubesizers? Prefer one over the other and why? Once set up, is one better than the other with regards to not needing to fiddle with things to have them work right all the time? Is one "built" better than the other and will last longer? Last thing i need is little things breaking or wearing and needing to be replaced.

Guess what i need is a reason to drop money on one over the other. Maybe i cannot go wrong with either one?

Any lubesizer that is not a push-thru (Lyman etc) is not a possibility for me. That part i already have decided.

Thanks in advance

Al

Banned

I like the ballisi-cast sizer, it looks Very robust, but until a way can be found to automate the bullet feeder, I'm staying with the star.

I still use a Lyman every now and then too, on long skinny very pointy things, it's a little better.

Banned
    Well, I own both. The Ballisti-cast is better made and will size bullets up to .005 oversize from what I hear. I am currently still working on a bullet feeder for it but until I am done I will have to settle for changing bullet feeder tubes. I do have a thread on my Ballisti-cast observations if you care to check.

I don't think you could go wrong with either machine.