MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a good place to get shot ?

Anyone have a good place to get shot ?

im looking for lead shot in the 4,5,6 size. thought id ask here where to get it at a good price if possible to get at a good price!thanks..bill
    PMI pistol range USMC 85-89

im looking for these contender pistol barrels--> 6tcu,.30herrett

barrels i have-->.221 fireball,7-30 waters,7tcu,.357 herrett,.44 mag,6.5tcu

There's only 2 people in this world i trust, one of them is me the other one's not you...

Boolit Master
    I doubt there is a good place to get shot,but if I had to chose maybe in my calf with a smaller caliber through and through with out hitting bone.
    Dennis Eugene "You know why no one panic buys 30-06? Because people who shoot 30-06 don't panic"

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I used to know a place in the south side of Chicago that was a damned good place to get shot.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Okay, now that everyone's through pulling your chain, the last time I bought a bag of shot (intended as ballast in model rockets and airplanes; I'm not a shotgunner) I got it at my regular gun store (this was a long time ago, and a few thousand miles from where I live now). The bigger shot (4 and 5) has never been as common as 6 and smaller, but it should be available -- problem is, these days, unless you have a local skeet, trap, or sporting clays range that also carries reloading supplies, you may have to order your shot from the Internet, which will mean paying shipping -- and a standard bag of shot won't fit in a USPS Flat Rate box (though the contents surely would fit the medium box that people use to ship up to 60+ lbs of ingots).

Boolit Buddy
    Try ROTOMETALS.com

May the Peace of God Be With You!
    and to ensure it, Keep Your Powder Dry!
    NRA Endowment Member
    Life Member 1957
    NRA Member since 1954
    NRA Training Counselor: Rifle . Pistol. Shotgun. Metallic Reloading. Shotshell Reloading, Personal Protection In the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief Range Safety Office
    DrBill33
    castmine:
    "Where is John Gault?"

Boolit Master
    I bought 2 25lb bags here from a member. Both fit in the same MFR box

Boolit Master
    Lmao!!!!!
    Roy B
    Massachusetts

www.rvbprecision.com

Quote Originally Posted by turmech View Post
    I bought 2 25lb bags here from a member. Both fit in the same MFR box
    could you message me the person name where you got the shot please ?

waksupi.. just for catching my bad thread wording, you have to donate me 100k loob grooves !! lol
    PMI pistol range USMC 85-89

im looking for these contender pistol barrels--> 6tcu,.30herrett

barrels i have-->.221 fireball,7-30 waters,7tcu,.357 herrett,.44 mag,6.5tcu

There's only 2 people in this world i trust, one of them is me the other one's not you...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jixxerbill View Post
    could you message me the person name where you got the shot please ?
    I posted in the WTB section and a member was willing to sell me some he had. I don't think he sells shot on a regular bases. I was just saying shot can be shiped in FR boxes.

Boolit Mold
    If you have access to scrap lead like wheel weight, consider investing into a Littleton Shot Maker from Magma Engineering or constructing a similar device.

http://www.magmaengineering.com/comp...ners/click/11/

I'm planning on getting one if I ever get heavy back into trap shooting. I didn't reload when I was a kid, and am currently reloading shotgun just for cheap slugs and 00 buckshot (in case of zombies). Where I live, I can find scrap wheel weights like crazy for free or on the cheap (10 bucks for a 5 gal bucket of fairly clean weights).

I've ordered a lot of reclaimed shot from Rotometals with good results. They are fast, reliable, but not cheap. I believe the current price on smaller sized reclaimed shot is $89 for 50 pounds (two bags) with free shipping. You must order from the website and not by phone to get free shipping.

I found some other places that advertise reclaimed shot. They don't have a physical address (PO Box) and I'm not going to send funds like that. They are cheaper than RotoMetals but it's just too easy to get ripped off on the Internet.

Flash
    You Gotta Die Of Something........It May As Well Be Something That You Like!

Lovin' the Harley Idle: potato........potato...........potato

Boolit Master

I got shot in my living room, 9mm in the arm. Can't say I recommend it though, at least not to people I like.
    BDGR

Boolit Mold
    I like to use #6 for shooting crows, anything larger than 7.5 is harder to find where I live. My options are to drive an hour to Cabelas where I pay a 5% sales tax on top of the cost of drive. Factor in the gas and sales tax and I found it cheaper to order from Gameliel Supply. I bought some magnum #6 in December at $42.50 a bag and now it's $44 a bag plus $13 for shipping. If there is a less expensive place to mail order #6 I don't know of it.

http://www.gamaliel.com/shot/lawrenc...agnum-shot.asp

Boolit Master
    Everyone here knew this would happen with that title..........
    Roy B
    Massachusetts

www.rvbprecision.com

Boolit Master
    Shot is going for around $35/25lb. bag around here; about as low a price I've heard of around the country. This area is a hot bed of target shooting- trap, skeet, and sporting clays, which might account for that. I shoot a lot of clay targets and cherish the shot I have (because I'm poor, not because I'm a hoarder!), but if anybody needs a couple pounds of, say, #9's, #8's, or #7½'s for an experiment or somesuch, drop me a PM and I'll help you out.

I got shot in the shin bone once, by myself. I fired a reloaded .32 S&W Short at a telephone pole once as a kid. The bullet bounced off of it, and came back and hit me in the leg. Didn't even make a black and blue mark. Note to self: don't rely on a .32 Short for self defense!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I used to know a place in the south side of Chicago that was a damned good place to get shot.
    Yeah, around the stockyard/slaughtering district of Chicago is definately one, the area of NYC known as "Hunt's Point" is another (know this from experience).

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gnoahhh View Post
    Note to self: don't rely on a .32 Short for self defense!
    You'll do the bad guy more harm throwing the gun than shooting him with it, I think...

Banned
    Great heading and post, read it.
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots

Banned
    ROTOMETALS.COM https://www.rotometals.com/search.php?search_query=shot

Reclaimed Lead Shot - 1 bag 25 pounds
    (7 reviews) Write a Review
    SKU:LeadShotReclaim1MPN:548457AVAILABILITY:in stockWEIGHT:25.00 LBSSHIPPING:Calculated at Checkout
    $47.25 - $59.25
    SELECT TYPE: REQUIRED
    Washed and Graphite add $10 Air Cleaned
    The bag of shot will contain a mix of all sizes - mainly around 7.5 and 8. Our Reclaimed Lead Shot averages about 5% Antimony Lead.
    Https://www.rotometals.com/reclaimed...bag-25-pounds/

ROTOMETALS.COM
    Magnum Lead Shot #6 50 lbs - Freight Included
    (1 review) Write a Review
    SKU:LeadShotMag6MPN:548170AVAILABILITY:in stockWEIGHT:50.00 LBSSHIPPING:Calculated at Checkout
    $119.99 - $135.99
    https://www.rotometals.com/search.php?search_query=shot

Boolit Master
    Recob Target Shop. Sad thing for me is they've only got shot too big for my 410 skeet loads. Smallest they've got is #7.
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.