RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: 11.15X58R Wendl

Boolit Master at heavens range

11.15X58R Wendl

Anybody have any history on the gun, got one that I am loading and shooting, Make brass from 348, Thanks- Joe

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by smokemjoe View Post
    Anybody have any history on the gun, got one that I am loading and shooting, Make brass from 348, Thanks- Joe
    .........Joe there's quite a bit of info out there. You DO know it's Werndl, right?

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Buddy
    Now that 45-90 brass is available from Starline you can make full length cases for cartridges such as the Werndl, Gras, and Murata and it's not too much more expensive than 348 which can be hard to find at times.
    If your accuracy is only so-so try removing the middle barrel band; while shooting mediocre groups one day I noticed that things were tightening up, and then saw that my barrel band had started dancing up and down the stock.... My groups shrank from 6" to 1.5" with the band off!

Super Moderator

............Sounds similar to the M1871 Mauser The end of the barrel is captive in the noseband, and the noseband is fixed to the stock. With the opposite end of the barrel screwed into the action, and IT is attached to the stock. You have a bit of impact drift as the barrel heats. As it enlongates all it can do is bow.

...........Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance