Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me find some AR barrels

Boolit Master

Help me find some AR barrels

Hey guys. I need some help finding some AR barrels. I need one 10 inches long in 300 AAC, one 14 inches long in 450 bushmaster and one 18 inches long in 35 ARem. I need them all threaded, indexed with barrel adapter installed and gas port drilled. I have contacted ESS Solution and no go there. I also contacted one of our sponsors and have been told they have not made AR stuff in a while. Anyone have any ideas? I dont care if they are stainless or CM and dont care what profile they are. These of course are going to be for two pistols and a rifle.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Buddy
    Try:
    http://www.shop.ar15hardware.com/105...105300boss.htm

On sale for $149 w/code 300BT.

Boolit Master
    Hi 101,
    I just built an M4/CQB type rifle so here's the scoop. Most lower priced/middle of the road barrels and bolts are slim right now as Obammy just went back into the WH! It's also Xmas! I found a lot of what I needed at Brownell's. Might be worth checking out!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Check out Model1 Sales.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Mold

Help me find some AR barrels

Midwayusa has some I should have mine today

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mroily View Post
    Midwayusa has some I should have mine today
    They dont have 450 bushy barrels anymore. Expensive too. However,I do have one of there 300 Blackout barrels, and a Beowulf barrel of theirs, and both are shooters.
    If you don't mind a polygonal barrel tacticalammunition.com has black-hole weaponry barrels. You can have a 450 Bushmaster in 14.5 inch for $255, http://www.tacticalammunition.com/45...-TA88-0438.htm, 300 AAC for the same in 10.5",http://www.tacticalammunition.com/30...-TA88-0329.htm, and the 35 ARem you may have to have Saturn make for you. I don't know of any manufacures right now. http://www.ar15performance.com/ also has great prices on barrels in 6.8, and .264lbc which is basically the 6.5 Grendel. I think the Grendel will be the next build for this chuck. They used to have 300 AAC, but I don't see them listed anymore.

Boolit Master
    Man, everything is out of stock. And with this tragedy that happened this morning, I think it will only get worse. Tonight I am gonna have to explain to the wife as it is why I put 785.00 worth of AK kits on the credit card.

Did yall see Barry O' say something to the effect that "this is happening way too often and something HAS to be done?"
    And the PANIC sets in.
    I wish that dumb son of a so and so hadn't killed himself so he could stand trial.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master
    I saw the writing on the wall over a year ago, and expect things to get worse. My FFL would joke to me about coming to the ranch if something went down, but I just wanted to have what what I thing is a great all around weapons system before the gate closes on them. I don't want to tell you to panic buy, but get what you want now. It may be to late for many. These make good hunting rifles too you know. In different calibers you can take any animal in North America accurately, and in a lighter platform than many of my bolt guns. Too bad the few ruin it for the many. Good luck. I would say be patient, but I think that time may have passed.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, I am panicking.
    I ordered one 300 blk pistol kit,
    One 16 stainless with quad rail in 556,
    two lower build kits,
    two bolt carrier groups with charging handles,
    150 magpul magazines,
    one Trijicon ACOG.
    Yep, I am panicking.

Boolit Master
    And that is in addition to the AK kits.
    The wife is just gonna have to sleep on the couch if she is too mad.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    These fancy calibers are great in an organized world,but....if the shtf REALLY happens there are only two cartridges you should be able to get your hands on and that is .223/5.56 and 9MM!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    These fancy calibers are great in an organized world,but....if the shtf REALLY happens there are only two cartridges you should be able to get your hands on and that is .223/5.56 and 9MM!
    Very true. I dont like the 5.56 so much, but you better bet I have the barrels to switch out the 300 Blackouts if needed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by x101airborne View Post
    Yeah, I am panicking.
    I ordered one 300 blk pistol kit,
    One 16 stainless with quad rail in 556,
    two lower build kits,
    two bolt carrier groups with charging handles,
    150 magpul magazines,
    one Trijicon ACOG.
    Yep, I am panicking.
    I don't think the couch will be far enough once she finds out how much you just spent! Where did you find BCG's in stock if you don't mind me asking. I would dump the ACOG for more mags, and parts. That is another 2 rifles for the cost of one of those. Later, you could sell off an extra you don't use anymore, and pay for the ones you kept.
    Last edited by xacex; 12-14-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Just the opposite! Go to your box stores and see what cartridges are gathering dust. Those should be plentiful in all stores with ammo for sale. Just look at the post above this one! ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master
    I really dont give a dang how mad she gets. And for all you ney-sayers, I just told her and she said "You better have a bottle of wine for me." then laughed. I wouldn't trade her for the Sweedish Bikini Team or all the Playmates in Hugh's personal collection.

I ordered from marksarmory.com and they offered them if you bought a complete upper. Otherwise, out of stock.

Boolit Master
    Sounds like something my wife said to me a year ago! Good lady she is. Sound like you got a keeper!

Boolit Master
    I thank GOD for what I have every day.
    After a couple glasses of wine, she is saying I may even be allowed to rub her back later. That is code for something else.... LOL.
    I do have it made and I know it.

McGowen Rifle barrels does custom AR Barrels.
    http://www.mcgowenbarrel.com/catalog9.htm

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Just the opposite! Go to your box stores and see what cartridges are gathering dust. Those should be plentiful in all stores with ammo for sale. Just look at the post above this one! ... felix
    DITO:

Recall back in the last ammo rush. No 5.56mm or 7.62mm NATO. Plenty of 6.5mm Creedmoor and 6mm XTC. Simple reason is the target shooters shoot there game every year and the ghetto blasters bum rush military calibers.

Having a somewhat custom caliber may mean the cretin whom takes it from your dead body won’t be able to use it. Like the Spencer carbine of our Civil War. I know how to make the ammo for my 243 AI and other guns. I can cast boolits swag bullets and lathe turn bullets. I can make priming compound and plastic explosives. Have been making heavy equipment as a machinist all my life so I suppose I could help build some bad *** tanks. I have built parts for field artillery and flood control units. Not to mention offset shafts to shake vibrating horse saddle style female masturbators. Made extreme precession parts that are used to manufacture the lights on the ends of the probes doctors shove up your rectum during a colonoscopy. Point is a firearm is not a very complicated piece of equipment. Pretty basic machine work. Forge cast polish turn and mill. So on. I’d say it’s easier to make a good rifle than to make a good gallon of whiskey. Man hour for man hour.

Problem we have today is the young generation is 90% dumb down. My children are not part of the dumb generation but there are the other 90%.

Case to this point. Today we had five employees at ten dollars per hour. They could not figure out what to do when the quick connect on compressed air hoses didn’t match up. Never dawned on them to take a wrench to remove the quick connects then simply connect hoses via pipe threads direct. Two minute job. Hundreds of dollars lost while they fuddled. Half of the kids today are about as worthless as the Hmong tribes whom did not know which end the bullet cam out. Bunch of stupid spear chukkas.

So do I care if they can operate my rifle??

Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    Plenty of that fodder to pick up from fallen Gestapo types. AKA battlefield acquisition.
    Most of us here enjoy fine sporting arms with classic charm.
    Very few people on this forum are contemplating placing a boolit into a human body.
    No more than our kitchen knives may be used against an intruder. Not saying we do not know who needs shot. Or just run down by a big truck. 100,000,000 man march or whatever.

FYI
    All military ammo has a primer ,powder and lead on top. We know how to re arrange that material.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast