Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Need a little help!

Boolit Master

Need a little help!

I have an old F250 PU 1989 that has the 351 CID Cleavland engine and the harmonic balancer came apart. I need to find one, as my mechanic said it would be a dealer item or a junk yard item. He is going to ck as he works for a dealer but if i can find it it would be better. First major thing to happen in 24 years I got it with 6 miles on it, not to shabby.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    Call your nearest Auto Zone or go to the web site, bet you they have it in stock.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Boolit Master

I just looked and RockAuto.com has them. Two different part numbers, DORMAN Part # 594011 and ATP Part # 102030. I order from them all the time and have had great service.

Boolit Master
    RockAuto.com is a great company to deal with. They have great prices and fast shipping. Normally their price including is cheaper than Auto Zone or Advance.

G

Boolit Buddy
    car-part.com use it everyday to locate used parts

Boolit Master
    The 358 Cleveland is the only engine that I have EVER had eat a harmonic balancer. It is so rare, that I have actually had people call me a liar when I told them what happened. But even my small town auto parts had one in stock.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

In Remembrance
    I have changed harmonic balancers on quite a few rigs, the rubber in them dries up and lets them move a little making the timing marks off.

Freightman delaneys there would have one, the 351's are pretty common.

You are lucky. I had a 69 with the Windsor truck block with 289 heads. At 25K I dropped the wife off at the hospital, drove to the apartment parking lot to pull the heads off and hitched a ride to the machine shop for a valve job. Got it put back together in time to pick up her and new daughter. Ahh, the good old days.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the replays, I have to fix it I can't afford a new one or even a used one right now. I do not think I have ever had a complaint with this old Ford, my friend bought a GMC the same time I gt this truck and never hauled anything with it and it went the way of the Do-Do bird three years ago with 1/2 the mileage of mine, he set it out in the pasture with the rest of his cars and it is setting there yet. He has several old GM PU's that he has said he was going to rebuild but never gets to it. I think he needs to hurry as he is 84.
    Yes I have hauled 2tons of fertilizer in a 3/4 ton truck and several cords of Mesquite fire wood in 24 years. Just called Auto Zone and they have one a lot cheaper than I thought $60 and lifetime warrentee
    Last edited by Freightman; 11-28-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    Frank G.

Are you sure it is a cleavland?????? If so it was put in there and it is not the original Engine. It is more then likely a windsnor or a m block 351/ 400.

If you do have a cleavland Dont get rid of it EVER there worth some cash now.

In Remembrance
    Most likely the 351m, lots of folks call them clevelands.

Boolit Master

If its an '89 I'd be willing to bet its a Windsor as the cleveland engines weren't produced in the late 80's.

The 351M stopped production in the early 80's.

Boolit Master
    You are right I have no idea where I got Cleveland, I think my old 79 had that one, who knows.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Thanks for the replays, I have to fix it I can't afford a new one or even a used one right now. I do not think I have ever had a complaint with this old Ford, my friend bought a GMC the same time I gt this truck and never hauled anything with it and it went the way of the Do-Do bird three years ago with 1/2 the mileage of mine, he set it out in the pasture with the rest of his cars and it is setting there yet. He has several old GM PU's that he has said he was going to rebuild but never gets to it. I think he needs to hurry as he is 84.
    Yes I have hauled 2tons of fertilizer in a 3/4 ton truck and several cords of Mesquite fire wood in 24 years. Just called Auto Zone and they have one a lot cheaper than I thought $60 and lifetime warrentee
    I work on those old Fords daily, and have been bustin' knuckles for 35 years,just started using "the Zone" (sometimes it's like the Twilight Zone) but their system is sound and they stock most stuff that moves off the shelves.

Your old Ford is not the only one of those trucks with that engine, I've seen 'em with the bodys falling off, frames,brake lines rusted in two, but yet they start and run. Got to be one of the best trucks going !
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Boolit Master
    Mooney had it write, unless its a transplant, no Clevelands or 351 M's in that year truck,. it will be a Windsor.
    Do you have a local engine shop? There is a Company called Pioneer that makes all kinds of that stuff, they will have it. The
    mostly sell stuff to engine rebuilders, Wish I had all the $$ I spent on Pioneer stuff over the years.