MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Forum Handles

Not all that interesting. Ghugly, Gh=F as in caugh + ugly = Fugly or Ghugly as some take offence with the term F***ing Ugly.

Boolit Master

When I first started accessing the web I needed a name to register on a auction site. I was in a hurry and never thought about the long term so I just used the name of the town I live in and shortened gunner. It is easier to keep using it than to try to change even if it is kind of corny.

John
    W. TN

Smile

Ghugly, I hadn't figured out that the gh was supposed to make the "f" sound. Reminds me of something in an elementary school spelling book I had long ago, where "fish" could phonetically be spelled "ghoti." "Gh" as in "rough," "o" as in "women," and "ti" as in "initial." (I may not have used the same example words they did, but they work.)
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

My avatar explains mine. Those are my 3 TTs circa 1986. Travis, Trevor and Tyson in front of my old 70 El Camino. They are 31, 28, and 26 now and still the biggest part of my life.
    If it doesn't shoot an ounce of lead, its a wimp load.

Boolit Master
    EKA

Bet you would never figure that one out.

Really thinking outside the box the day I signed up here wasn't I.

Keith

Banned

Cause my Dad's name is Jim. True story..

Boolit Bub
    A "Black hat" in '65-'66 (Ia Drang, Bong Son, Crazy Horse etc.- first in, last out).
    Cat Boat, Felix.... I built a 36' Staysail Schooner (a lot of lines & sails to handle) in Denver in the '70's- trucked it to Galvaston & have sailed from Main to Grenada & all over the Carribean (4 different boats, sloops, ketch's, cutters) until just a few years ago- Total responsibility for yourself= 100% freedom. Very healthy life!
    I've been casting boolits since 1957 when I was 13 (bought my first muzzle loader out of a barrel in the back of a gunshop for $5). Mostly been doing BPCR for the last few years, but been casting LITTLE bullets here lately...... The pot hardly EVER goes down @ 50-60 grs. at a time!
    First in Last Out!

Boolit Grand Master

Gee, I jest figger I'm more anonymous with my real name than with almost any other moniker!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Ethnic background & SASS name
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Master

Out of respect for old TR... the original American sport hunter, conservationist. Couldn't see very well, couldn't shoot very well, wasn't athletic but made up for it with sheer determination and good sense.

The 405 I shoot is original Winchester 95 manufactured in 1904- it likes Hornady 300 gr FP and 300 gr .414 GC cast bullets. It's just "Bully"
    Last edited by 405; 12-06-2007 at 05:33 PM.

Boolit Mold

Handle origin

Used the name my troops gave me once upon a time. Desided to omit the second part which was "SOB". Go figure.

GL

Boolit Master
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

PIWO - Polish language for BEER! (pronounced pee-vo)
    "So how many Divisions does this Pope have?".. Joseph Stalin

"Be not afraid"..
    Pope John Paul II

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it.
    Pope John Paul II

many years ago in a land far away i got to visit a hill called landing zone baldy--seemed like a good alias. my licence plate # are 53to76 and J53TOM76 on my truck. on yahoo i use USMC2591. here i use charlie sw mo because i am charlie and im in southwest mo.
    charlie in sw mo

Combined my wife's and my nick names. The "buck" was given to me by my coworkers 21 years ago. Took a mechanic job at local Ford dealership. Ten mechanic in shop, 6 named mike. We all ended up with nick names as time passed. Only on the job a month and could not get time off for deer season. So four 6 weekends in a row I left work at 4:30 on Friday, drove 8 hours to hunting camp, hunted hard and staggered into work at 8:00 on Monday. So they called me Buck Buchanan. Wife's name is Dolores but her 2 year old niece called her deedee. So the name dee kind of stuck. So buckndee is what I came up for my forum handle.
    Last edited by buckndee; 12-07-2007 at 01:25 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Now back living in the Uk after 10 glorious years living in France

Limey

Here is what Wikipedia say's about Limey's:

[edit] Limey
    Limey is an old American and Canadian slang nickname for the British, originally referring to British sailors. The term is believed to derive from lime-juicer, referring to the Royal Navy and Merchant Navy practice of supplying lime juice to British sailors to prevent scurvy in the 19th century. The term is derogatory in the sense that the British would be allegedly more preoccupied with the savings of limes over lemons which were traditionally used to prevent scurvy. The term is thought to have originated in the Caribbean in the 1880s. A false etymology is that it is a derivative of "Corr-blimey" ("God blind me!").

The term Limey evolved into a verb "to lime" which means to hang out. The British sailors "Limeys" would hang out in the urban areas when off-duty and patronise the local prostitutes. This has been immortalized in the old calypso "Jean and Dinah" by the Mighty Sparrow in 1956.

.....so, since I am an English guy on here with all you good ol' US of A boy's I thought I'd pick the right name!...., I wasn't in the navy but all that 'patronising sounds interesting!

Safe shooting

Limey
    .......never mind Quigley's gun....I just wish I had his eyesight!!!!

Boolit Bub
    I have a large tattoo of a dragon , plus i love to shoot my mosin's just when its getting dark,huge ball of flame out of the barrel .

the upper left hand corner ie Washington state
    Exblaster I used to be Army E.O.D.
    charlie in sw mo I was on Baldy in September of 67 when were you there?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Ruskie Stuff

MN91311 .....

Mosin Nagant..... model 1891....nominal bore diameter 311

In Remembrance

When I got on the 'net a few years ago I needed a handle, so made the anagram HABCAN. Hatheway, Alberta, CANada. It's identified me all over the place, so if you see it elsewhere, it's still me.

I've been away from casting for a few whiles, (started in '47) but am at it fullbore now, costs and shortages being what they are. The way 'things' are going, we may be the last extant shooters as supplies dry up. You might want to check out my 'Next Steps' blogs over at http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/ where I have been pushing 'cast' for all I'm worth.

Keep scroungin' y'all!

Vic.