WidenersLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eyestrain from new screen format

Grey theme is GREAT now my eyes can stop watering.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Yeah, the grey is SOooo much better !

Thanks to all who pointed out the various ways of changing things at my end. Some worked, some didn't, but it's always good to learn new tricks. 'Course with my remembery as old and worn as it is, you'll have to remind me again tomorrow.
    Cognitive Dissident

Ohio's BEST CCW resource: http://ohioccwforums.org/
    Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Best yet? Hell, it's AWESOME!

Big plus one on that! Even better than CB Custom. Thanks again, Gear.
    Due to market fluctuations I am no longer buying range scrap jackets.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    My #1 gripe is all the pansy, "metro-sexual" pastel colors on the icons, it all blends together into a low-contrast, non-partisan, equal-opportunity, politically-correct, gender-neutral blur and makes me really squint to sort out what thread I want to check out from the list of a sub-forum. Could we make ALL the little envelope thingies the bold, yellow/black (or lt. grey/black for no new posts) "rifleman" icon like on the main forum page?
    Gear
    Gear,

My sentiments exactly. I was searching for the correct adjectives to describe my intense dislike of the post listings and your post says it all. Searching through the posts makes me feel as if I am on a webpage designed by a teenage schoolgirl.
    Using the "Grey" option is a great improvement for the rest of the site, but the posting section still needs some work.

My thanks to all those who are working so hard whipping this site into shape.
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Boolit Master
    Much of this grousing about the new format is giving me déjà vu from when BladeForums went through the same thing not too long ago.

Truthfully I'm surprised CB held out with the old version of Vbulletin as long as it did. My understanding from BFC is that the old version wasn't being supported anymore and that the upgrade was inevitable if people wanted things to keep working.

We will all adapt to the new format just fine. We're humans, we adapt. It's what we do.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

I'm liking it better now that you put the borders around things. Great keep up the good work. I like progress, it is good for the soul.

Boolit Master at heavens range
    Wow, Its great today. leave as is, Thanks- Joe

In Remembrance

Well, between me and a neighbor`s son I tried to do the changes recommended. Those changes changed every other site on my computer. I had it changed to the way it was. Guess I`ll be using those dark glasses from my cataract surgery again. There`s a good possibility I`ll be using this site a lot less from now on, really not a fan of what was done to the site.Robert

Boolit Master

Yes gray is better, but, the black on white is a killer.
    I need sun glasses, we should have sun glasses with the cast bullet Logo.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master

Well of course the "Gray" Wolf would like the gray setting !

Me too !

Banned
    Ya'll got's to get Firefox!
    No adds and scaleable font size

Standard size

5 sizes bigger

10 sizes bigger

20 sizes bigger

I didnt go to max!
    I was afraid a dog might pop out of the screen

Boolit Master

No ads is not necessarily a good thing. The ads here and the policies here are quite reasonable.

You should try other boards where all links to non-advertisers get deleted and users get warnings or suspensions for talking about good deals on the 'net!

+1 to that ! So many boards only exist to promote the board owner's business.

But what I think the poster meant was that MOST sites are loaded with popups that drive you nuts. Using the AdBlock add-in to Firefox will stop that. I have not seen that CB sends me any popups. Another feature of Firefox that I use is called "Ghostery". It's a popular add-in that blocks the "trackers" that infest the Net, collecting lists of the things you click on, and at minimum enabling them to send you even more popups. Some sites load as many as twenty of the little buggers. What they do with the data will scare you like to death.
    Cognitive Dissident

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Let me just say that I've read a lot of negatives that only need a small adjustment with your PC. The new format is great on my Dell 701 XPS with Windows 7.
    I did not have to do anything to my previous settings and it is much, much better!!
    I'm sure that many of you are like myself and need some help from our grandchildren to make these things work as they should.
    I come from the stop on the next corner and put a nickel in a phone that is in a phone booth on the side of the road generation.
    I think if y'all use the correct adjustments to your PC's all of the problems reported will go away.
    My hat is off to 45 Nut and #1 for the changes. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    I agree with David. Now that I'm used to this way I like it. Still a few buggs, but not worth crying about.
    Kevin

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by crabo View Post
    Hold control down and roll your mouse wheel to make it larger
    I knew if I looked long enough I would find the answer.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...nough-Contrast
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    I was able to stop and think, slow in nose and out mouth. Adjusted and not bad at all. I will admit it, will any of you? I HATE IT when they move things around in grocery store, I Hate IT when they move channels on idiot box around after so many years, on and on. I will admit I am getting old and I do not like change, dangit!! I bet you will adjust through the human nature.
    You have never changed anything in your casting method to achieve hopefully better result. These guy's (the ones that make this happen here) love this discipline and they spend a lot of time and thought into this with probably just self satisfaction as reward. Slow in nose and out mouth. Gtek

Is it possible to get a skin that is exactly like the old version?
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Some sites load as many as twenty of the little buggers. What they do with the data will scare you like to death.
    Yeah... they can correlate what they like with their previous cookies wiped every time, my fake names, my fake birthdays, fake localization and my random searches for similar sounding off-topics.

Boolit Master

The mobile version isn't great, but the full site works fine on my iPhone. I'm amazed at the people whining and saying they are leaving the site. I guess they never had to go through the Dewey Decimal card file at the library, request something on an interlibrary loan, wait three weeks, then stand in line to copy it at the copy center which you had to pay for. "Oh no, the colors on this totally free site full of amazing information hurt my eyes. That's it I'm leaving!". Sheesh, whiny babies want their pacifier?"

No, I don't care who's tender feelings I hurt with this post. I really don't. Not one bit.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast