MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: wow! 3 Shot Berthier clip sold for $31 on EBay!!!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar

wow! 3 Shot Berthier clip sold for $31 on EBay!!!

There were 13 bids for it! Amazing. I suppose if you haven't got one, you can't really use the rifle effectively without it.

There was a crowd i Australia that were setting upto manafacture the 3 shot clips.

I have a good stock of five shot clips and jumped on them when I saw them. Glad I got them.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Grand Master

That's not a bad price since they are reusable and the rifle is a single shot without them. When I sold my Dad's Berthier for him we got more for the box of clips than we did for the rifle.

One has to wonder why the French thought 3 was a good number when the rest of the world was going 5 etc. Go the French!
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

I suppose three 8mm Lebel rounds occupy about the same space single stack as 5 rounds of other stuff. But the Lebel came out when some armies were using single shot rifles. Most of the five shot rifles came out after the Lebel. Probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

I know I have a bag with ten 5shot clips downstairs and I think I have a few others as well. Worth more than the rifle and the dies,

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    Have a few that I don't even own rifles for. 3 shot lebel, 5 shot for the austrian 8x56r and a couple carcano's. Maybe one of these days. Frank

Boolit Master

I think I'm going to start putting all my spare parts up for sale on Gunbroker.com if that's what they are starting to go for.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master
    Wish someone would come up with a big stash of the three shot clips, I could use a few as I only have one for my rifle. I found the one I have in an antique store for $5.00, it had three rounds of Remington soft points in it, needless to say I grabbed it.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    I think I'm going to start putting all my spare parts up for sale on Gunbroker.com if that's what they are starting to go for.
    Things on gunbroker don't draw as much of an audience as ebay. Consequently, they often don't bring as much. I got over $70 for an old set of mounts and rings for a Savage 99, only $35 for another set on gunbroker. They were Lyman Tru-Lock bases and rings, but the rings were marked Savage, from the 60s.

Best ebay to gunbroker story I have is the used 6mm Obermeyer target barrel I got off gunbroker for $10. The seller was used to putting them on ebay and getting closer to $300 for them. Said barrel is now my 6x45 AR upper.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

here is the crowd in Australia that were talking about producing Berthier clips last year. It looks like they are upand running. Not giving them away, but brand new steel, should be good.

Might be a good group buy!

http://www.rpgfirearms.com.au/av_ballistics.htm

Boolit Master
    Geez, I threw away a grocery bag full of those French clips, Steyr clips, M1 clips, you name it, about 20 years ago. I didn't want/need them and none of my friends did either. Oh well. I know the landfill where they're in if anybody wants go and dig!