Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Tru-Line Jr die question?

Boolit Master

Tru-Line Jr die question?

Recently came across an older lyman tru-line jr press and had a few questions.

First one is how do you tell the dies apart? This press came to me with a bunch of dies in a small cardboard box, and I am unable to find any #'s, calibers, or any kinds of markings on the dies themselves?

They would have to be labeled somehow I figure, and if they do turn out to be anyone have a chart to explain the #'s since I am positive if I did miss them they are gonna have to be deciphered into what they actually are.

Also anyone have any good ides for a replacement handle? This press has somehow lost the original!

Any help @ all will be greatly appreciated!!!!

(I did search and read through what I could find about the press however, no specific info on how to tell the dies apart came up for me)

Boolit Mold

Boolit Master

bb is right BUT if the insides have been changed you are on your own
    Its a hit and miss. When you get them figured out get a silver sharpy and wright on them

Boolit Bub
    The Tru-line Jr used the same dies as the Lyman tong tool. Perhaps this information can help you in identifying the dies.

"Tru-line same as 310"
    Not exactly so -- an older 310 set has a decap, muzzle resizer, exp chamber & exp plug, primer die, seater die and of course the handles and handle adapter -
    tru-line are usually a 2 die set marked CMR for a combination sizer/decap/expander, a seater marked DA for seat and crimp, and a "J" shellholder.
    Both 310 and tru-line are neck sizers only - there are a few tru-line sizers for straight wall pistol case that do full length size.

all the sizers, seaters, prime chambers, shellholders, handle adapters, expander plugs should be marked with a number or the cartridge.
    Decap dies, exp chambers are not usually marked -- exp chambers come in several lengths and an have different diameter threads for
    the plug -- most are usually .395/.400 x 30tpi.
    Tong tool (310) and tru-line diess can be a challenge to sort and identify -
    We won't bring up the EZ-loader dies.
    my tuppence

addendum --
    tru-line handle --
    original handle is 7/16 dia rnd stock, 9 1/2" long -
    threaded 3/8-24 x 1/2" on one end for knob --
    My fix would be a chunk of 1/2" cold rolled or hot rolled turned on one end to 7/16" and threaded on the other for a knob--

Boolit Master
    I made a spare handle for my Tru-line jr from an old Crosman .177 cal pellet rifle barrel (exact dia fit). A length of drill rod would also work with out the need to turn and tap!

I have a picture posted in this forum under "Tru-line jr upgrade".