Reloading EverythingMCD ProductsTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2

Thread: Some more Tru Oil jobs!

Some more Tru Oil jobs!

3 more done for the guys at RimfireCentral. I love doing these Tru Oil jobs, they are fun, easy and I always get a fuzzy feeling when I look at the finished product. I recently upgraded to a Samsung phone that takes excellent photo's and has made uploading onto the laptop much easier than the old antique digital camera. I tell you guys, having the right tools is a must for productivity!

These 4 pics were taken with the old ditigal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_5444.JPG   100_5445.JPG   100_5446.JPG   100_5447.JPG  
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

This is for a CZ452 American that is being sent back to it's home tomorrow. I promised him I would have it back in his hands in time for next weekends range trip. He wanted to show his newly refinished CZ off to all the guy's.

These were taken with the new Samsung. MUCH happier with the turn out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_5451.JPG   IMG_20121116_154926.jpg   IMG_20121116_154938.jpg  
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

Very nice! I've gone to Pure tung oil for ease of working - quick filling of grain. Still hafta use a little BLO for final finish. I like a medium shine (still get told it's too shiny though). Ain't a finish out there that won't shine eventually with rubbing down though, so I gave matt finishes up.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Bub
    Gunfreak, do you have a picture of the 452 stock before you stripped it? And what did you use for stripping?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfreak25 View Post
    This is for a CZ452 American that is being sent back to it's home tomorrow. I promised him I would have it back in his hands in time for next weekends range trip. He wanted to show his newly refinished CZ off to all the guy's.

These were taken with the new Samsung. MUCH happier with the turn out!

No pics of the CZ before stripping. It had the factory polyurethane which he wanted removed as the factory finishes leave a lot to be desired in the way of grain enhancement. No stain was used on this stock. It also had some shipping dents he wanted removed.

I use StripX wood stripper for all my stock stripping. It takes me about 2 hours to strip a full size rifle stock.

Boolit Grand Master

That a very nice CZ452 American. None of mine are nice enough to warrant refinishing.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    (uh) Don't look now, but it appears that a pesky deuce and a half or some such has snuck into the pictures,,,,,

Very nice work on the stocks sir.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Rides et Ratio

You know your olive drab sir! 1954 GMC M211 that I bought as my "first car" 3 years ago when I was 18 and had some money to spend. Had it shipped from Tucson to Yuma on a flatbed for $600. Spent 3 years and $5000 and it's still not finished. Another $1200 projected before completion so I finally decided to put it on hold for awhile so I can pursue other, bigger ventures in my life. Someone had put a ruddy old 455 Oldsmobile engine in it which had to go. I installed a 6.2L Diesel out of a Humvee and a 700r4 for an overdrive gear, a Np231 transfer case for low range, moved the original 500lb cast iron transfer back 5" to make room". Fabbed all my own mounts, etc. Hard top came from Canada. No nut or bolt has gone unturned, I want it to look brand new when finished which is why it's taken so long.

All paid for by my stockwork hobby. Can't say It's a whole lot sometimes but with 30% unemployment in Yuma i'm very fortunate to have the skill, not to mention a place to conduct all my activities.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_5277.jpg  

Boolit Bub
    Did the factory finish hide much of the grain? Mine looks fairly straight grained, but it has some hints of vertical stripes, and I kind of want to know if they would pop out if I stripped and refinished.

Can you PM me a photo?

Boolit Bub
    pm sent