WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Thanksgiving baby

Boolit Master

Thanksgiving baby

Amelia was born this morning at 5:20. Mother and baby are fine, but we're all tired.

We needed some good news, since I got laid off yesterday, and came home to find my wife starting labor earlier than expected. It was an all-nighter, but everything went well and we have a healthy baby girl. I came home to get a shower and breakfast. Now I'm on my way to get the kids and take them to see their new sister.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Congratulations!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Congratulations from eastern TN, just over the mountain. Glad to hear all is well. BC
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    Congratulations! Thanksgiving Babies are the best!

Rick (born on Thanksgiving Day...1947 )
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

In Remembrance
    I will have a new grandaughter anyday now myself. Congrats.

Congrats! The more, the more better!
    Ramar

Spectacular news on the baby. Sorry to here about the job. Focus on the good for the moment.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master

Thanks guys. My kids are my life nowadays. We're done at four, but we'd both love a dozen.

About the job; I thought about posting in the current "laid off again" thread, but it looked like it was going a little OT.
    I'm plenty discouraged right now. As someone said in that other thread; it's not that I can't find work, the trouble is finding work that pays what I need to get by.

For various reasons, we are a one-income family. Back before the fab (semiconductor plant) shut down four years ago, I made enough that it wasn't a problem. I went back to school, then was lucky to find the job I just lost. It didn't pay as much, but we got by. They sent me overseas a couple months ago to help set up a new operation, then we came back and started shutting down the one here. I've been searching hard since then, knowing this was coming. There are decent paying jobs around that I'm technically qualified for, but the problem is that I'm a crossover from the high-tech industry that no longer exists in this area, trying to go into something else. In a good economy this would be fine, but right now I'm competing against a lot of other guys out of work that have the specific experience and certifications that I just don't have. What can I do?

It will work out. I hate to move, but there are jobs in my field of experience out there in other places. Just have to sell the house, load up the family and go. We're the type that likes to put down roots and stay, but ultimately you do what you have to. The thing I don't want to do though, is move to another high-tech job that would likely go away in ten years. Then I'd be in the same boat again, only ten years older. If I'm going to make a change, now is the time.

Thanks again for all the kind words. Sorry for taking my own thread off topic by rambling about my work worries. Great group of folks here, so I figured you all would understand.

Congratulations and best wishes for you and your family.
    Life's hard, even harder if your stupid.

Boolit Master

Congrads on the new baby!!! A bright ray of sunshine when you needed it. Best wishes to you in finding work and best wishes to your wife.

Boolit Master
    +1 to all the congrats. Children are a blessing of God. Will be praying that you find suitable employment. Our God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform. Who knows but that you are destined to interact with another human being sometime down the road in another area of the country in what will be a life changing event for that person. Circumstances here and now may be leading up to that event. Look back at the linage of Christ and see how God was working for many generations in the lives of man to prepare for that first Christmas. Remain open to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Grand Master

Remember that God takes care of His own. Congratulations on the new addition! Stay in prayer and rely on Him and you will be supplied beyond your expectations.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Congratulations!

Ditto!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

Congrats and wheres the pic of the new member of the family??

Our daughter told us the other day they're thinking within next 2 yrs of having a baby......OMG a future grandpa has started making plans!!

Boolit Master
    Congratulations Fatelk,
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master

Congrats! Its the only thing that could be better than stuffing and cranberry sauce!

Good luck on the job front. No doubt, you will do whatever it takes to support your loved ones. Please let us know how you make out.
    Jon

Boolit Master
    Congratulations to you and your wife (who did all the work anyway) on the birth of your daughter!!!

Losing your work sucks but as others have said, things are bound to get better. It took 33 years, two mill closures and several years at substandard wages but the last 15 years of work for me were at real good wages and working conditions at a job I really enjoyed! Hang in there!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

Boolit Buddy

Congratulations and you have a beautiful baby there. My oldest granddaughter was born on Thanksgiving 18 years ago. Time goes by quick, so hold them tight and enjoy their childhood. I wish you the best on your job hunt.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Ohh shes a cutie fatelk...congrats again to you and the mother