RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyLee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2585

Thread: Powder Coating Boolits

Boolit Master
    Max with the unknown baking temp. an time, I will just have to do a couple trial bakes to see how things shake out.

Boolit Mold
    OK so after reading all 100+ pages I realized I am one of the few that came in late to this discussion and read everything, about a quarter of the thread is people asking old ?s because the did not feel like reading. Having said that a lot of good info. I have only one thing to add for those needing a large oven. I built one out of a four draw file box. laid it on its side and put insulation board on the out side. placed two heating elements out of those little electric pits you get at walmart that have the controller on them. Been using this for cerakote works great. Thats is all I have to contribute at this time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sendit View Post
    OK so after reading all 100+ pages I realized I am one of the few that came in late to this discussion and read everything, about a quarter of the thread is people asking old ?s because the did not feel like reading. Having said that a lot of good info. I have only one thing to add for those needing a large oven. I built one out of a four draw file box. laid it on its side and put insulation board on the out side. placed two heating elements out of those little electric pits you get at walmart that have the controller on them. Been using this for cerakote works great. Thats is all I have to contribute at this time.
    Welcome to castboolits sendit! I like your idea for an oven. I have been thinking of using a gas smoker in the same way for PC on larger items. You are right, there are a bunch of people asking the same questions over and over, but with a thread that has over 2500 replies there will be some without the patience to read through it all.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    .......and over........and over..........and over!

If people would just take the time to read, 80% of the questions would be answered. There is a lot to read, granted. But education does not come in a one-setting batch!

I will be the 1st one in line to help someone that wants to learn & know. But after answering the same thing 5+ times, it gets a little bit old.

My advise is use the search engine FIRST. Not the little white box, but the "advanced Search" below it and let it do some narrow searching for you. The white box brings up EVERYTHING ever written about anything even close to what you are looking for. Waste of time.

Have fun!

banger

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Try this one for searching! I think it was Montana Charlie who posted it.
    https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...69:ggn3vg-bjum
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    .......and over........and over..........and over!

If people would just take the time to read, 80% of the questions would be answered. There is a lot to read, granted. But education does not come in a one-setting batch!

I will be the 1st one in line to help someone that wants to learn & know. But after answering the same thing 5+ times, it gets a little bit old.

My advise is use the search engine FIRST. Not the little white box, but the "advanced Search" below it and let it do some narrow searching for you. The white box brings up EVERYTHING ever written about anything even close to what you are looking for. Waste of time.
    It's one of the problems with a forum based topic like this. You get people asking the same questions over and over because they don't want to read through 100 pages of responses. You get people posting "look what I did" and "me too" posts. In things like this, a traditional web page that someone updates with information in response to various questions might work best. Maybe something like you see on the LASC.us site with a FAQ page? Maybe a wiki page? Personally, I prefer traditional web pages over a wiki page since you tend to get a lot more information there and you are not limited by what someone else tends to think that all pages must look like.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Mold
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3 (2).jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	97655Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4 (2).jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	97653
    first and secound test run,
    Thanks for all the great info guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 3 (3).jpg  

Boolit Grand Master
    I think it is time to lock this thread down to keep it from getting any bigger!

Start a new one for REAL technical information ONLY....not "lookie what I made" posts??????
    Have a separate thread for "boolit bragging rights"?

Thoughts.....comments?

bangerjim

Boolit Grand Master

I admit, I didn't read all 128 post, mainly because of the "look what I did", repetitive questions, and sketchy instructions/descriptions. Everybody that submits replies isn't a writher and some are just difficult to read and some are a waste of space, and it's hard to sift through every post looking for one that has a positive contribution to the thread...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Buddy
    Ok finally geting around to it

First test batch

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393270680.002610.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	97680

Will be doing a second test here,,

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393270704.521259.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	97681
    Hope for change.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    I admit, I didn't read all 128 post, mainly because of the "look what I did", repetitive questions, and sketchy instructions/descriptions. Everybody that submits replies isn't a writher and some are just difficult to read and some are a waste of space, and it's hard to sift through every post looking for one that has a positive contribution to the thread...
    Some of us more active members in PC have discussed (and cussed) on PM's about starting another thread PURELY AND ONLY for instructional info, instructions, directions, technical stuff and NOT for "lookie-loo's" for what someone has "done last night". Those belong in another thread completely. I am as guilty as the next because there is no where to put it right now! And that garbage just clutters up the thread for those new guys looking to learn the art of PC'ing.

So far nothing has happened.

bangerjim

Boolit Buddy
    Ok after sizing I see I didn't get good coverage, I'll try and do better next time,

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393272260.195101.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	97686

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393272277.462561.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	97687

Wish me luck ,
    Hope for change.

Boolit Buddy
    Ok think I got em good and even, now cooking.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393273031.757283.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	97688

Let's see what all the fuss is about
    Hope for change.

Boolit Buddy
    So how are you guys loading these bad boys? Are you using jacketed data? Work-up of course.
    Hope for change.

Boolit Buddy

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393274729.247067.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	97691

Ok got better coverage, ready to size and load a few up
    Hope for change.

Boolit Buddy
    Sized,

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393275869.235813.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	97692

And,,,,
    Hope for change.

Boolit Buddy

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393278488.349635.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	97697

Done!!!
    Hope for change.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kbstenberg View Post
    Max with the unknown baking temp. an time, I will just have to do a couple trial bakes to see how things shake out.
    I did mine @ 350 for 1/2 hr. I watched temps with lazer thermometer thingy
    Hope for change.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamDahl View Post
    It's one of the problems with a forum based topic like this. You get people asking the same questions over and over because they don't want to read through 100 pages of responses. You get people posting "look what I did" and "me too" posts. In things like this, a traditional web page that someone updates with information in response to various questions might work best. Maybe something like you see on the LASC.us site with a FAQ page? Maybe a wiki page? Personally, I prefer traditional web pages over a wiki page since you tend to get a lot more information there and you are not limited by what someone else tends to think that all pages must look like.
    ........same theme............nuisance threads:
    It's the same with new threads always popping up: "SCORED some lead today". Who gives a crapola! Find your lead and cast some boolits. And keep quiet about it!

Most of us do not give a darned if someone finds 20# of WW's setting on the side of the road. Or finding something at a tire store. Or having a buddy give them a tiny roll of roofing lead. I find lead all the time and do not post a new thread about it.

Guess we need to start a thread entitles "SCORES FOUND TODAY - ONLY" and put all that dribble in there.

just my view.

banger

Boolit Buddy
    To the range to test these PC bullets,, wish me luck
    Hope for change.

Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast