Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120121122123124125126127128129130
Results 2,581 to 2,585 of 2585

Thread: Powder Coating Boolits

Quote Originally Posted by prickett View Post
    Glossy seems to work best. Anything with "super durable" in the title is plus. There is a sticky showing what powders people have used that either worked or didn't. I recommend checking that one out.
    Prickett, do you, or someone else have a link to that sticky?
    I'd like to take a look and maybe add to it.
    Thanks!

Boolit Buddy
    Hopefully this is the correct thread for this question. I figured my problem was too common for its own thread. I'm having problems with some colors. White, orange, and yellow. The powder sticks, but is blotchy and looks terrible. Here are yellow bullets after baking:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yellowspoty.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	321605

I' using S&B, and standing them individually. Here they are before baking:

Name:	yellopowder.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	321606

I would blame my technique, but other colors come out fine. Here is the same bullet in green:

Name:	jd.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	321607

Any idea what the cause is?

Boolit Buddy
    Its not you, some colors just do that. Good news is that you can mix it with another color adn the problem goes away. In my case I want it to work, I don't care what the color is unless I am using copper color (for fake jacketed bulets) or clear (for fake noncoated bullets). Any other color can be whatever I get.

Mix any colors enough and you will eventually get brown. Jokes from that are what made me try copper & clear (with success).

Boolit Buddy

Question Anyone make bore-rider molds INTENDED for powdercoating?

I can cast bore-rider lead bullets that work. I can buy bullets from Missouri bullet company that look like my cast lead, only powdercoated, and those work. But those are swaged, I can't get that in a mold,

If I powdercoat mine the bore-rider portion will not go in as it has become too large to fit the bore. I have seen posts where people try to powdercoat only half the bullet, and videos where someone is sizing just the Ogive. I want a bullet that I can powdercoat normally right out of the mold. But as far as I can tell there is not enough of a demand for anyone to produce such a thing.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TM101 View Post
    Its not you, some colors just do that. Good news is that you can mix it with another color adn the problem goes away. In my case I want it to work, I don't care what the color is unless I am using copper color (for fake jacketed bulets) or clear (for fake noncoated bullets). Any other color can be whatever I get.

Mix any colors enough and you will eventually get brown. Jokes from that are what made me try copper & clear (with success).
    Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for an easy fix I guess, but I'll just keep double coating the difficult colors.

Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120121122123124125126127128129130