Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Powder Coating Boolits

Boolit Mold
    silicone cookie sheet covers are great for cooking pc'ed bullets on. They just fall off. I stand all mine up too.

Boolit Buddy
    n/m this thing is old as hell
    Last edited by AR-Bossman; 11-11-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Tip - had trouble sizing from 312 to 308 - hard alloy. Sprayed them with some One-Shot and they sized fine. Wiped them with kleenex, tumble PCd fine. Shot them today - no leading!
    Whatever!

Banned
    AR-Bossman old doesn't matter, you have a question or a thought post it.

Smoke's

How do I get hold of smoke's about some powder.

ACC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
    How do I get hold of smoke's about some powder.

ACC
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...-4320-s-Corner

Banned
    Just going to put this out for you fellow PCer's that encounter problems getting powder to coat in less than optimal conditions. Yesterday I decided to try PCing the weather was 48 degrees 94 percent humidity and raining, working inside my garage with a small electric heater. I started with a powder I knew was a powder that would coat most any time so I warmed up some boolits hot to the touch dumped them into the bowel gave them a 30 second shake looked and bare boolits I have heard about guys trying poly beads ( CB thread?) Bought some to try. I strained the BB's out of the powder poured some of these poly beads in, same bowel same powder gave it a 30 second shake the boolits had a nice thick coating. I tried that same procedure with 5 powders with the same results. Here's some pics enjoy.
    Joe

It doesn't say anything about this stuff being used for PC'ing cast boolits Joe? heheee

Lyman Loverin 152 gr. 311466
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Great pics, joe leadslinger and OS OK. Great information, too. Don't normally have a problem not using BB's here in the desert, but it has been cold and rainy lately... coating's a bit thin.

Gonna have the wife pick some of those Poly Pellets up from the craft store tomorrow.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Banned
    hooray! Poly pellets

Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    hooray! Poly pellets

They are terrific...

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

@joe leadslinger So I've never been one to use any sort of additive when shake-n-baking my PC. I started PC'ing a couple of years ago, but then took a break from all internet forums for a few years. I thought I was getting good results, but after coming back to the forums and seeing what you guys were getting vs. my own results, I decided to try out your Poly Pellet method. My results prior were definitely acceptable; my boolits all shot well, had really good accuracy, and no leading. But I'm a bit OCD about such things... my brass is always not just clean, but mirror shiny. And of course, after seeing how much better you guys were getting your PC boolits to work, something had to be done.

And that something was your Poly Pellets. I PC'd 10 lbs of 9mm boolits last night using your Poly Pellet method. I had no idea just exactly how much better my results could be until trying this. I'm actually at a loss for words.... the results were absolutely perfect. They're going to look really good sticking out of the top of my perfectly polished brass.

Thanks a lot for sharing this method!

BTW, it was fairly cool (at least by desert standards) last night... around 42F and really high humidity, as it had just stopped raining. Your Poly Pellets had no problems coating boolits under such conditions.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Banned
    Phlier, we need pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    Phlier, we need pictures
    Just imagine lead slinger's and OS OK's pictures in a post with my name on the left side.

That batch of ammo was for a friend of mine, and he's already picked it up. But I'm going to be doing another big batch tonight and tomorrow. I'll be sure and take pics this time.

Boolit Master

Hahahaha
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Bub
    I've been playing with PCing 9mm bullets for a bit of a while now. Smoke320's powder here is great, just tumble in a container and bake on non stick sheets. But with coating and sizing involved I've been thinking about tumble lubing with 45-45-10 for the ease...

Banned
    Glad to hear about your results, these have been a game changer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by baragasam View Post
    I've been playing with PCing 9mm bullets for a bit of a while now. Smoke320's powder here is great, just tumble in a container and bake on non stick sheets. But with coating and sizing involved I've been thinking about tumble lubing with 45-45-10 for the ease...
    If you put a big batch of PC’d boolits in a basket and bake them all at once (rather than standing them all up individually), it is actually less work than TL’ing.

I’ve done both the stand them up and throw them all in a large mass in a basket, and they both shoot the same. Sure, the basket method results in boolits that aren’t as pretty, but they are every bit as shootable.

I put up to 20 lbs (around 1,100 rounds) of 124 gr 9mm boolits in an air fry basket and bake them all at once. After they have cooled off, drop them in a large cardboard box, shake them up to knock all the dingleberries off, size and load.

IMO, much less work than two coats of TL.

Banned

Banned

Page 122 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2272112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130 LastLast