WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Minute chocolate mug cake

Minute chocolate mug cake

MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
    1 Coffee Mug
    4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)
    4 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons baking cocoa
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons milk
    3 tablespoons oil
    3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
    Small splash of vanilla
    Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well . Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
    Pour in milk and oil then mix well.
    Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
    Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
    Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
    EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to share!)

it's hard to believe just how good this is ( sinfully delicious comes to mind ...) and from scratch ! now about that sharing thing ...forget it ! make your own ! lolz erm i did share the recipe however and one can mix it up a bit and it's still hecka good ( chocolate milk and chocolate syrup comes to mind ...)
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Boolit Master

Dang! This one is definitely going the the recipe file.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

ummm it goes best in a mug :P and ...one can use it to impress their significant other ...especially if she likes cake and/or loves chocolate !!
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]

Boolit Buddy
    We tried one last night. Very good. This recipe goes into the keeper file.

you know ... i really want to say i told you so ( but i done did that in the first posting lolz ) worse i must confess i've been enjoying this lil gem for better than a year and have yet to ruin one , glad you liked it !!!
    Je suis Charlie

Wayne Dyer

Mucho approval from all tonight. Thanks
    If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man.

Tried this tonight with my two daughters (ages 4 and 11) tonight. We had a good time, thanks.

Boolit Master

I forgot the oil and had to use condensed milk and it was still tasty thanks. FB

one can substitute butter/margarine for oil in a pinch , they both are oils an would perhaps do nothing but add to the flavor

glad you guys ( and Co. ) enjoyed it !! i must confess i had another one tonite only i used extra dark cocoa and hersheys white chocolate chips , it was ummmm...short lived :P
    Je suis Charlie

Wayne Dyer

since i was waiting on the pumpkin cinnamon rolls to rise ( they're rising slow in the cooler weather we're having ) i did a nestle cocoa one with milk chocolate chips tonite and have to confess that since i already had made the cream cheese cinnamon frosting for the rolls i topped it with that , i prolly should of let it cool just a bit more but between the smells ... i was a lil impatient ( read that hungry lolz ) but i thought i'd add me cream cheese frosting recipe ( maybe i should call it butter cream cheese ? lolz ) this btw will easily top a dozen cinnamon rolls

cream cheese frosting

2 tablespoons butter
    3 tablespoons cream cheese
    both softened to room temp ( umm 70-78-ish )
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 tablespoons milk
    2 1/2 cups powdered sugar , note - if lumpy sift prior

and because tonite's icing was for pumpkin cinn rolls i added a tablespoon of cinnamon * this is entirely optional but went well with the mug of cake

directions
    cream butter and cream cheese ( almost sounds redundant doesnt it :P ) then whip it on high until slightly fluffy ( this helps alot to make a superb icing ermm unless you pour some on a hot mug of chocolate cake [doh])
    this is where i added the cinnamon ,i whipped it good again ( the oils help blend in the cinnamon )
    add 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and start on slow until most the powder is gone then whip on high ,again until fluffy , do this twice more ( eg; 1 1/2 cups of the sugar should now be blended in and the mixer will start to be crying ) add the vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk and again beat until blended then whip the stuffing out of it again ( yes you can lick your fingers after you use a spatula to clean the edge of the bowl it's very very good at this stage !) add another half cup of sugar , blend then whip again ( yes there's alot of whipping involved but it's worth it ) add the last 1/2 cup of sugar and repeat , now comes the tricky part , whip in the remaining tablespoon of milk one teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency , sometimes i dont use all the milk [shrugz] a few times i had to add a wee bit more powdered sugar ,
    this icing is good enough for cakes ( let cool first lolz ) on top of warm cinnamon rolls it half sucks in and half stays on top ( mmm scrumptious !! ) on top of cooled cinnamon rolls it's almost like a can of store bought ( but better ) and like most the recipes i share it's mother approved , did i mention my mother loves me ? even tho she says i cant send her fotos of food that she cant eat ( she's too far away ) she also accuses me of trying to fatten her up when she visits but ...i'm very grateful that she taught me to cook when i was still in shortpants !!! ( thanks maw !! )
    Je suis Charlie

Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Fryboy thanks for bringing this topic back to life.
    I had missed it before, will have to get to the store tomorrow and try this with my daughter.

you're welcome ( killing time waiting on those cinnamon rolls , if i can get the spices right i'll share that too ! )
    it is a hit and hard to mess up , umm make note of that use a big mug ( not a 8 oz. cup )
    Je suis Charlie

Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    I have had this before and it is fabulous. One of the scrubs did it in the break room microwave. You could smell it all the way past gyny surgery.
    Enough calories in this to run a class of kindergarteners.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

lolz @ "Enough calories in this to run a class of kindergarteners"

sounds like translated to 'murician = " sinfully delicious" lolz thanks for the grin amigo ... might be best to make the wee-est of ones share theirs lolz or never as a bedtime snack ... i havent found a brat yet who didnt enjoy it and as a plus it helps them learn valuable kitchen skills for later , i just knew that it was too good ( in many different aspects ) to not share !
    Je suis Charlie

Wayne Dyer

Saw this thread and tried it yesterday. Took a while to warm up to it. I thought I remembered seeing some baking cocoa somewhere at some point in time, and I found it. I’m sure it’s been sitting in the cupboard more than 20 years. It was opened and looked full and smelled ok, so I used it. The cake felt like lead boolits in my stomach at first, but it grew on me, so I had to make another one today and take a photo. I’m eating it as I post this.

Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and More Ammo

Boolit Master

Sure is fun to make. Would be fun when wimp camping (staying in the travel trailer) with the family.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Dang lunch won't be done for a minute ...anyone want to guess what's going to 'get me thru' until then ? :P
    Je suis Charlie

Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    Depending on the condition of the microwave, your times may vary.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Banned
    Now to add some extras inside it.