Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Gun trade

Boolit Master

Gun trade

Yesterday went to a nearby gun shop/general store and saw a custom Mod. 1911 in the case. I looked it over and it was slightly scratched up here and there but tight and everything worked as intended. Note on the tag said "reliable only with ball ammo".

It has a Safari Arms frame (the one with the finger placement groove) and a colt slide.
    It is fitted with a "bowling pin type" compensator and BoMar adj. sites.

Went home and brought back some tradin material. Ended up with the gun for a Rem. model 7600 pump in .30-06 (took off my Leupold scope) and a cheap Ted. Williams .22 semi auto rifle (both in nice shape).

Opinions? Did I do well?

Bottom line, of course, is I am happy with the trade.

Couldn't bring the handgun home 'cause it was over the state line and will have to be delivered to my dealer for transfer (along with a Ruger MKII I bought months ago which is still there awaiting transfer)

This dealer has in the past driven handguns over the line to my dealer but he has let his Pa. CCW lapse and needs to renew it before carrying handguns over the state line.

I am heading out of state anyway in a couple of days, so I told him no real hurry, I'm just happy it will not cost me to ship these guns as the dealer in New York state makes infrequent trips to the town that my dealer is in.

I've been wanting an Adjustable sited .45 on the 1911 platform for some time and it will join a compensated 1911 in .38 super.

Now, if I can just get some time to play with them.

I need to find a competent 1911 smith to make some adjustments to the ramp to reliabily feed my cast boolits. I know one in New York state, but I can't carry the gun to his shop because I am a Pa. resident and have been warned that NY state law (and their troopers) look dimly on out-of-state residents being in possession of handguns within their state borders.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Master
    I think you did well. There are a lot of guys here that can fix-er up even to where she will feed an empty case. Always nice to bring home another member of the family. I have never heard of the frame. Any further info?
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master
    This is the frame, but mine has more bells and whistles.

"The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Master

I have a pistol set up almost Identical t the one you describe. Mine has a fitted barrel with a conventional bushing. It took me a while to get used to the finger groove. I use mine as an "action" pistol.

Boolit Buddy
    I woulda kept the Remington, personally.