Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee Precision
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Mihec 10mm - 200gr WFN / .40s&w - 180gr HP, 4-cavity, Brass

Boolit Buddy
    I am sure a plain base gas check would take care of it. I was just thinking of a way to get that perfect mushroom out of the shallow hp at nuke speed. I had to download the ones Oreo sent me a lil to get rid of the leading.

I do think a pin that is the same depth as the shallow hp that is a curved dish would be pretty sweet. There is just too many ideas to ever be able to do them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    No one has really tested either of the hps of this boolit yet
    Actually, I've done quite a bit of testing with this shallow hollow point shape, but in other bullets, both .40 and .45 cal. That was my basis for recommending it for this group buy.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    Well I got to cast with my new mold today, weight comes out at 182 to 183 gr (large hollow point)with my WW lead at .402 dia.
    It took a few runs to get the temp right, the mold works great, boolits drop just fine.
    I would like to thank Oreo for running this buy and MiHec for making a great mold.
    This is my first group buy and first brass mold and all I can say is,
    THANK YALL SO MUCH!!!
    They cast at .402? I hope its just your alloy. Cause I size mine to .4025.

Boolit Master

All I have to measure with is a cheap digital caliper, my lead is Wheel Weight from
    a shop close by. I did go back and measure some again and they are .403.
    I will measure as I cast and see how they come out.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by yondering View Post
    Actually, I've done quite a bit of testing with this shallow hollow point shape, but in other bullets, both .40 and .45 cal. That was my basis for recommending it for this group buy.
    Got any pics of those results?

This boolit takes design cues from many established designs but it is original in the sense that I drew the blueprints from scratch. Your experience is likely to be very instructive but this boolit has not yet been tested.
    Last edited by Oreo; 11-21-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    All I have to measure with is a cheap digital caliper, my lead is Wheel Weight from
    a shop close by. I did go back and measure some again and they are .403.
    I will measure as I cast and see how they come out.
    let them set for a while before you measure them so your findings will be more accurate. Mine came in at 403 with WWs and range scrap mix.

Boolit Buddy
    Got any pics of those results?

This boolit takes design cues from many established designs but it is original in the sense that I drew the blueprints from scratch. Your experience is likely to be very instructive but this boolit has not yet been tested.
    I am working on the testing. Lol. Sat for sure I should have results. But then again. Maybe tomorrow. Passed a spike this aft.

Boolit Master

Re: Mihec 10mm - 200gr WFN / .40s&w - 180gr HP, 4-cavity, Brass

Neck expanding dies? What are you guys using? Looks like RCBS makes a decent die.
    Last edited by Oreo; 11-22-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Neck expanding dies? What are you guys using? Looks like RCBS makes a decent die.
    I have not had to expand mine. Even with the softer boolits you sent me. I pulled 3 to check. Did not size down. But honestly I would not mind having one just to make sure.

Boolit Master

I still don't have mine. The post office people are slacking. Maybe it'll come tomorrow. I've been saying that for over a week now.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Buddy
    Deer down. Buck. 30 yards. Put it on the shoulder. Dropped like a rock. Still.in tree. Will get pics later.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ctious View Post
    Deer down. Buck. 30 yards. Put it on the shoulder. Dropped like a rock. Still.in tree. Will get pics later.
    Let see, shot a deer with a cast boolit, saw it fall, stayed in the stand to let us know.
    YOU ALRIGHT MAN!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ctious View Post
    Way to go ctious! Congrats on the clean kill. Can't wait for the pics.

Boolit Buddy
    Well. It was not anything special. Just an 8. To the outside of the ears. I just really wanted to test the boolit out. So here is what happened. I shot it about 35 yards. Bang flop. Did not make it an inch. Hit high shoulder. Passed through both shoulders. Found under skin on far side. Good mushroom. But not too much. Once I made it up to it I decided to lso do a test shot. Shot behind the shoulders. Just to see what the boolit would do only hitting organs. Wow. Fluid really opens up the shallow hp. Again found under far side skin. These rounds are downloaded from my first ones. They are 9.5 800x. I will post pics of both slugs in a lil bit. And of the deer. I don't have any internal damage pics yet. Oreos alloy is a lil softer than I will be casting. But if u don't push it to the max it works well.

Boolit Buddy
    Weights are 181 from 190 with lube on the vitals only one.

171 on the one that passed through both shoulders.

Max exp on vital one .67.

Max exp on shoulder one .63.

Boolit Buddy
    Pics of both.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1353790394903.jpg   1353790431466.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    Of course the deer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0197.jpg   IMAG0198.jpg  

Boolit Master

WOW, they do swell a bit, I did not think the shallow point would.
    I have been wanting to try the large hollow point.
    Thanks for the pics.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy
    After seeing how the shallow hp works I don't think I see a need to ever cast the deep one.

Boolit Buddy
    Again thanks to Oreo for sending me next day 100 boolits to use for hunting. Seeing my mold got lost someplace.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast