Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Mihec 10mm - 200gr WFN / .40s&w - 180gr HP, 4-cavity, Brass

Boolit Buddy
    Just thought I should post about deer season here. Only shot one with the 10mm this year. A nub buck. 50 yards. On the run. Knocked it right over. The shallow hp is a real Hunter.

Boolit Master

Been thinking about you and what was up with season.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah. I hav been so busy lately. Only got out hunting 4 times all season. Did shoot 4 other deer with my rifle though.

Boolit Master

I have not hunted in so many years, I should get back in the woods.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy
    What's new here? I have been so busy with work that I have not been around.

Boolit Master
    Anyone interested in having these boolits formally pressure tested to find out what the actual max load is?

I contacted HP White labs and the guy told me it was $500-$700 to have the testing done depending on whether I want CUP or PSI. He said the normal test is 10rds of a particular load but he'd do a few sets for me at that price to help me achieve the goal of finding the max charge.

I figure the 190gr is the most popular here so that would be the boolit of choice. I also have a preference for Longshot powder but I'm open to persuasion if you guys think another powder or boolit weight is a better choice.

And finally, I'm willing to put $100 of my own money toward this but I would need the rest to come from you guys. I'm hoping there are enough of you who would be interested in helping me make it happen.

So let me know what you think.

Boolit Master
    I'm in for the testing, can we do blue dot to?
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Master
    Well, we can do as much as we're willing to pay for. I suggest we select one powder and fund that. If there is enough money for another run of something else I'm all for it.

My preference is Longshot because it is the one powder capable of the highest velocity and still meters well. 800x I've heard can be loaded to 100% charge density and no problem so no point in testing it. Blue Dot I'm not familiar with but if that's what people want then we do Blue Dot.

I'm local to the lab so if I can talk the guy into letting me watch the testing in person, and we nail the max saami pressure on the first run then I can have some alternate loads in my pocket to use on the 2nd & 3rd runs.
    Last edited by Oreo; 06-10-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Boolit Master

I have not shot Longshot, after doing some reading you are gona make me buy some, dadburn it!!!LOL
    If we get enough to go in I will help pay for the testing.
    Boolit weight and powder is still on yall, but I like the 190 gr and am looking at Longshot as
    my next powder.
    I wanted to add that I load Titegroup for 40 S&W, no need to test it, you can get to much to easy.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    I AM A REDNECK!!!

Boolit Master
    I'd like to see the heaviest solid done, but I have all three molds so I don't care and I do like my 190 HPs
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Master
    I just started dropping boolits from a couple molds of the latest run. These are dropping .4025" avg.

The 220gr with lube groove are running
    225gr - solid
    220gr - small hp
    215gr - deep hp

The 190gr powder coat boolits are right on the money at
    190gr - solid
    185gr - small hp
    180gr - deep hp.

And I believe these particular 190gr boolits are positively the most weight-to-case capacity efficient boolits possible for the 10mm / 40sw cartridges. Or put another way, these are the shortest 190gr boolits possible which was a design goal that in theory should allow bigger powder charges for higher velocity then any other boolit in this weight class.

Last edited by Oreo; 06-11-2015 at 06:48 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Does the shorter bearing surface of the powder coated designed bullet affect accuracy?
    Has anyone performed any long range shooting (100 Yards) with the PC designed bullets.
    I've got the 190 gr. grooved mold and have been very happy with it. Haven't been able to shoot it long range yet.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

Boolit Mold
    Any chance of another run on these molds? I Just acquired a Glock 20 and really would like to get my hands on this mold

Boolit Master
    I replied to your pm glock_556.

There may be another production run in the future but its probably going to be a while. (1-2yrs+) Try my other suggestions first.

Boolit Mold
    Does anyone happen to have one of these molds that they would like to part with?

Boolit Master
    Its time for a rerun. Lets do this!

Link to the new group buy thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=351725
    Last edited by Oreo; 01-06-2018 at 03:14 AM.

Boolit Master

I have been eyeing this mold for a long time and now that is available again I am not sure if it really is for me. I don't have a 10mm to fully utilize this projectile. I wonder if option #3 is viable for typical loading in 40 S&W? Thanks.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Ruger RedHawk 357 Mag 44 Mag GP100 Davidson Exclusive 5" Security Six 2 3/4", Speed Six 4"
    Smith Wesson 629 PP and 686 PP, 617

Boolit Master
    The 190g works very well in the 40sw.

It was the original design inspired by the 180g 40sw gold dot. The heavier and lighter versions were adapted from the 190g. Dimensionally, there are advantages over the gold dot. Specifically it has a slightly wider meplate and is considerably shorter (more case capacity).

The deep hollow point (not included in the current group buy) was also inspired by the 180g gold dot. The penta hollow point (IS included this time) is an improved design over the deep hp for improved weight retention at 40sw velocities.

Was that TMI? The 190 is excellent in the 40sw. Buy with confidence.

Boolit Master

Your detailed explanation was and is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Ruger RedHawk 357 Mag 44 Mag GP100 Davidson Exclusive 5" Security Six 2 3/4", Speed Six 4"
    Smith Wesson 629 PP and 686 PP, 617

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHawk357Mag View Post
    I have been eyeing this mold for a long time and now that is available again I am not sure if it really is for me. I don't have a 10mm to fully utilize this projectile. I wonder if option #3 is viable for typical loading in 40 S&W? Thanks.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    That's what I use in my S&W Shield, large pins run 185 gr. with my alloy. They also cut pretty nice holes in paper.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast