Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Repackbox
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Mihec 10mm - 200gr WFN / .40s&w - 180gr HP, 4-cavity, Brass

Vendor Sponsor

Normally 10-14 days. But in December things are slower (at least from past 2 year experience)
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks!

Boolit Buddy
    Yes Oreo I have a 190 on the way. After getting the 200 on the GB I had to have the pair. Thanks again for facilitating this one.

Merry Christmas All,
    Redwoode

Boolit Buddy
    Just a quick drop by to say these worked much better than anticipated. Making right at 890fps with the deep HP weight right at 182g. Tack driving accurate out of a sig 226. Devastating on milk jugs full of frozen food colored water !!! 100% reliable and no leading. How could it get any better?
    Compromise is giving up something you are unwilling to fight for! ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ www.concealedcarryofarkansas.com

Boolit Master

Re: Mihec 10mm - 200gr WFN / .40s&w - 180gr HP, 4-cavity, Brass

What's your load recipe Ozarklongshot?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    What's your load recipe Ozarklongshot?
    Well it does get better. I quoted my start load. I actually ran in the loading room to check notes. Here is where I settled in. (as always, my loads are my own personnel foolishness and not endorsed or recommended)
    .40 S&W
    Start load was 4.5g 231 @ 890fps
    Stopped at 4.8g 231 @ 938fps

there is probably room for more speed possibly near 1000fps but in my sig I found that reacquiring the sights and low light muzzle flash was about maxed for me at my stop load. No pressure problems, just personnel choice

C.O.A.L was 1.107 and cannot go longer in the sig magazine and still load all 12 rounds. I don't really understand how that happens but if its any longer I can only get 11 rounds in the mag.
    Compromise is giving up something you are unwilling to fight for! ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ www.concealedcarryofarkansas.com

Mihec 10mm - 200gr WFN / .40s&w - 180gr HP, 4-cavity, Brass

I received my Mold today. Looks great, thanks Miha and Oreo!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356150301.668914.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	56490

Boolit Buddy
    Mine arrived today. I can't cast very soon, because of the weather. I really appreciate the efforts everyone involved, especially Oreo,and Mihec. I wondered if anyone had tried it in the 401 power mag, or 38 / 40.

Mihec 10mm - 200gr WFN / .40s&w - 180gr HP, 4-cavity, Brass

Update: I cast some out quickly to see what these look like. This mold loves to be hot!

I bought the 190gr mold, and My WFN are dropping at 194.5gr, shallow HPs at 190.5, and deep HPs at 185.5. I run a heavy alloy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356221945.320705.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	56534

Boolit Master

You may run a heavy alloy but its been established that these molds drop about 5gr heavy. About half of that is accounted for by the blueprint being drawn a little heavy, the other half is Miha, rightly so, machining on the outside edge of the spec. (Bigger is better then smaller)

Let us know how they shoot for you. Load data is of course welcome also.

Boolit Buddy
    Well received my mold today now need to decide a powder for 10mm I have aa#9 right now but am gonna buy more powder pretty soon here any powder/primer recommendations?

Boolit Master

Longshot is what I was gonna try. I've got some WSF too.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    Longshot is what I was gonna try. I've got some WSF too.
    I just re-read the thread... IIRC I had thought someone said not to use Accur# 7 but couldn't find it? Heck- I could be remembering another bullet so please unless confirmed don't trust my bad memory!

I gotta check my other books but longshot looks good for ~180 grain boolits, anything more (185/190/195) looks like a crapshoot?

So, I'm really open to powder suggestions! I've actually have lots of brass and some jacketed rounds but haven't really shot my pistol enough to reload it (reload rifle/shotgun for ages), but now with a 15 year old who just got his new .40 S&W for XMAS and a lady who loves to shoot I gotta start!

so, any load data yet anyone willing to share from ya'll who have done some ladders? I gotta Special Order powders here so I try not to make many small purchases!
    Last edited by chrisw; 12-26-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    What are ladders?

Boolit Master

Ladders refers to the practice of working upto a load by starting with a known-safe powder charge and making small batches of assembled rounds in incrementally higher powder charges until you either reach acceptable performance or you start seeing signs of over-pressure on the spent brass.

Boolit Buddy
    Oh I see! I always wonder if I'd get different results in winter and summer or if I load on a humid or dry day

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lukewmtdew View Post
    Oh I see! I always wonder if I'd get different results in winter and summer or if I load on a humid or dry day
    this is exactly a good reason but more IMHO is safety. Too many reloaders just look at book (or maybe worse- online) and just load a max load without testing their own guns limits. What's good for you might be too heavy for me. For tin can type of shooting (most of what I do with my pistol) I'd prefer something towards the minimum rather than max because its not just easier on the weapon but also cheaper. For hunting I want the highest weather-insensitive load that maintains accuracy. For targets I like the most accurate load and don't begrudge cost and am usually weather insensitive (I ain't going to shoot paper on a cold winter day).

Plus, by asking those who shoot ladders I might cull the answers* to the guys who have tried a few powders, know what they are doing (more than me lmao). Of course Oreo is a smart cookie and longshot is now on the top of my "to try" list (or maybe I'll wait for him to try it first before I special order a few pounds cause I'm both cheap and lazy)

I'm still trying to remember why I remember accurate #7 is in my mind! I guess i need to re-read ALL the threads (discussion/active/etc)

*I'm not saying other questions or discussions are bad- there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers and stupid people who don't ask questions!

AA7 will work fine, and is a good 10mm powder. It's better suited to lighter bullets though. AA9 is better for heavy bullets, and one of the best 10mm powders out there; only downside is the heavy charge weights required, meaning it costs more $ per round. Blue Dot and Longshot are also good choices. Power Pistol is OK, but a little bit too fast for best velocity.

Boolit Buddy
    Wish some shop around here would carry #9. I would love to work a load with it. But no one carries it. And won't bring.it in. I refuse to have it shipped to me. Shipping on powder is crazy.

Side note. Could not find and cci 300s anywhere. Found lots of wlp. So guess I may have to rework some of my hotter stuff.

Boolit Buddy
    is AA #9 newer or?

none of my books even list it?

THANKS!

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast