Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

View Poll Results: Do you have a CCW License?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I don't have a CCW License.

33 12.09%
  • Yes, I have a CCW License and carry a concealed weapon.

227 83.15%
  • Yes, I have a CCW License, but don't plan to carry a weapon.

13 4.76%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Many People Have a CCW License?

How Many People Have a CCW License?

Just curious. I have one, but have no idea when I'd ever use it.

Boolit Master

Once you get used to your new found privilege* of being able to defend yourself it will be easier to carry at first it seems awkward and almost as if your doing something wrong carry often in places were practical and legal it will come natural soon.

* it is not a right if we need a licence!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Banned

you'll know when you need it...

i can open carry or carry in my vehicle without a ccw,since i don't go to the mall i'm probably okay.

Boolit Buddy
    I not only have one; I have taught about 400+ people so they can get theirs.

WP

In Remembrance

Yes, I have had a CCW permit for a few years and more. I liken having the permit to an old saying "Better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it".Robert

Boolit Master

Have had one since 1998.

wcp

Boolit Grand Master

PA resident and a Utah non resident. I applied in PA the day after "shall issue" became law.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    Once you get used to your new found privilege* of being able to defend yourself it will be easier to carry at first it seems awkward and almost as if your doing something wrong carry often in places were practical and legal it will come natural soon.

* it is not a right if we need a licence!
    funny how that works
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    I would if I could. The 4th Circuit Hearing orals for the Woollard case were today. Now a wait for the decision then it will be appealed to the supreme court and if they take the case I may get a chance at a CCW before I die in my "MAY" issue state. You see as the law is now we have to prove we have a "good and substantial reason" to get a license and almost no reason is good enough or substantial enough.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

You've had a national carry permit since the writing of the 2nd. For some unkown reason the government and SCOTUS refuse to reconize the fact....(well, we do know the reason....control and fear). That being said I got the CCW here in pa. the day I got my first handgun a very long time ago.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Had one for a number of years. Next renewal, I'll have to get a new picture taken. We can renew every other time here without having to get a new passport photo. The part that I don't understand, we have to take a new class every time.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Mold
    Yes, I have a concealed carry license in the state of California. Have had it for the past 15 years. I happen to live way up north in a gun friendly county. The license is good anywhere in the state except in federal buildings and courthouses. I don't leave home without it..

Super Moderator

I no longer need to renew mine, anyone in Arizona who can legally purchase a firearm may carry concealed without a permit. Also, open carry is legal.

Almost 40 years now

I live in New Hampshire, a very gun friendly state. I got my CCW when I first moved here and have had it ever since. Also Massachusetts (but you have to apply every year), Maine and trying RI (an impossible task it seems.)

Boolit Bub
    up the road from an old western pa. coal patch
    Yes, Why not, In Pa if there is civil disorder and martial law is declared (rioting), the only persons allowed to carry weapons are ccw permit holders.
    Open carry woud be forbidden. I have never needed it and hope i never will. However if some vicous punks try to attack my loved ones i can protect them.

Boolit Buddy

ccw

i have one for the state of md very hard to get.i also got a non resident for pa so i can carry in my surrounding states. i had a tough time at first i was always worred that my carry gun showed and everbody was looking for it .after a few carries that went away and now its there and i very rarly notice it . i carry a pm9 in a galco iwb holster dont even know its there tks ken

I live in NY and carry in the woods and when I travel in local cities...
    I am closer to Vermont than NYC

I have mine because I had a situation where it would have helped. Now I carry a Michigan CPL, and do does my wife. We do live in flint, mi. unfortunately. The gun it's always with me now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Banned

you left out - don't need one to carry.

I've had one for 20+ years (since before it was fashionable). If you are going to have one, I'd recommend that you carry at least a few times per month, just to stay in practice. You don't want to start carrying the day that you realize you suddenly have an immediate need & then find out that it's cumbersome & you can't handle it fluidly. Dropping your carry piece out of a poorly fit holster is particularly embarrassing & can lead to a number of unpleasant experiences depending on your surroundings at the time. Try it at home first. Then maybe on a trip to Home Depot or the grocery store (assuming that they don't post no-carry) & then gradually expand your carry area to other places where you feel comfortable. At first, avoid carrying in places where you expect to engage in any kind of strenuous activities. Work up to that after you have the hang of it.
    Last edited by JIMinPHX; 10-24-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast