Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Wideners Snyders Jerky

View Poll Results: Do you have a CCW License?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I don't have a CCW License.

33 12.09%
  • Yes, I have a CCW License and carry a concealed weapon.

227 83.15%
  • Yes, I have a CCW License, but don't plan to carry a weapon.

13 4.76%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Many People Have a CCW License?

Boolit Buddy
    i have one and the swmbo has one the kido will have one next week
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

Boolit Grand Master

I got one of the first ones here in TX, had one ever since. After 25 yrs as a LEO you can bet I carry more than the license.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Banned
    The Mrs and I recieved ours in the mail almost a week before the law went into effect in Texas. Have carried ever since.

Boolit Master
    In Michigan we have a CPL, or concealed pistol license. That technicality keeps our concealed weapons limited to pistols, no knives etc..
    Also, I don't carry 100% of the time.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    yes , carry every day

Boolit Master

I've had one since 1995 or 1996. Back then we had to be bonded. I don't remember when that requirement was removed. I actually had two permits because the permit listed the handgun that you qualified with. I qualified with two.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    I had carried a pistol or had it next to me 24/7 for a lot of years. Upon retiring, I stopped carrying all the time, Had a hard time, felt naked..LOL.. That didnt last long, There was a robbery at a Drug store in my neighborhood where the perp exicuted 4 people. Back to carrying 24/7 no matter where I am. Carry extra ammo if going into NYC....LOL

Boolit Master
    Although a CCW is not required in Arizona for concealed carry, I am currently waiting for mine to show up in the mail.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

The wife and I both have CCW and have since MO became a right to carry state. That is a good law we can live with.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

I have one. I carry on Sundays (wife finally noticed 2 weeks ago after church when I was changing my shirt) but not very often on other days.

Boolit Master

While us Alaskans don't need one now , I have one in case I travel to a CCW State that allows Alaskan permits , especially Florida !
    I carry with 2 spare mags because a gun without ammo is not good to throw at someone.
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    I would if I could. The 4th Circuit Hearing orals for the Woollard case were today. Now a wait for the decision then it will be appealed to the supreme court and if they take the case I may get a chance at a CCW before I die in my "MAY" issue state. You see as the law is now we have to prove we have a "good and substantial reason" to get a license and almost no reason is good enough or substantial enough.
    You should be able to present the evening news as "good and substantial reason"........

Dan

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    In Peru every handgun is issued with a CC. Why would anyone buy a handgun and not carry it for protection is the basic idea. Recreational shooting is not a common hobbie.
    Then there is the great state of ILL.
    Mike in ILL
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    i have had mine for 35 years. did not carry much when i first got it. i guess it took getting used to because i came from a state that would not issue you one. then i started carring more and more. now with the way things are i will not leave home without it and extra ammo.

Back in the day I carried condoms, even though most likely I wasn't going to get lucky. I carried them just in case. Now I carry my M&P Shield for the same reason, just in case.
    "Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters." Archibald Rutledge

http://doingitoutdoors.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 292 View Post
    Back in the day I carried condoms, even though most likely I wasn't going to get lucky. I carried them just in case. Now I carry my M&P Shield for the same reason, just in case.

This post should be on a t-shirt.......

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    Had one for a number of years. Next renewal, I'll have to get a new picture taken. We can renew every other time here without having to get a new passport photo. The part that I don't understand, we have to take a new class every time.
    Most instructors in Michigan say you have to take a refresher course for renewal, to get the business. My wife's instructor gave out a book, and showed her that only reviewing the material was required.. My instructor showed a movie and wanted us to return in 5 years, hers gave her the book to study for renewal......

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Banned

Me and the wife have had ours since I got out of the service. and we carry every where 2/7.

Andy

Boolit Master

I don't have one but may get one in the coming year just because. MO is an open carry state and there is no requirement to have a CCW to have a piece stashed away in your vehicle. I make sure I don't go to places where I would feel it necessary to carry concealed.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Grand Master
    Every time I put on another pair of pants, I put my holster on my belt. I get up in the morning, dress and holster my pistol. I carry it so often, many times I forget to take it out before I go in the Sheriff's office or post office. I get half way to the door, remember I'm carrying and have to go back to the truck to lock it up.

Living in a very agricultural/rural area, carrying a pistol is like carrying a knife. It's part of your every day dress.