Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little CB buck

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Little CB buck

I shot this little guy this morning. I used a 260 gr. Loverin MM mold, ACWW, in one of my .358 Winchesters. He's nice and fat.

Kinda like me!

The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Very nice way to fill a tag , hmmm backstraps! Nice scenery and a wonderful picture.It is a balmy 70 in Western Kentucky today.

Boolit Master
    Tender Vittles!!! Good score!
    Im down here sweatin my donkey off.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master

Meat is meat Wakki! Way to go, season starts here in a little under a month, can't wait!!

Art

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I shot this little guy this morning. I used a 260 gr. Loverin MM mold, ACWW, in one of my .358 Winchesters. He's nice and fat.

Kinda like me!
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

In Remembrance
    Meat is meat, but that should be tender meat. lol

Way to go, seems like them 35's are doing their job.

Boolit Master
    I'm envious of your snow. I'm sitting in the Cincinnati airport and it's 82 degrees outside.

What was the MV of your 358 load?
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master

I CALL DIBS ON THE TENDERLOINS!!!!! Yum!

Nice deer. Good shootin.
    Jon

Banned

not much gives the 35 any problems.
    nice buck that will be delicious.
    just got done cutting ours up,made some steaks and more steaks from the little one.
    the big one is going in to be burger.
    except for one neck roast [gonna give it to someone i don't like] maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by x101airborne View Post
    Tender Vittles!!! Good score!
    Im down here sweatin my donkey off.
    Good Going on that Little Buck. But I thought Cast BOOLITS would Bounce off lol.

On the Heat Note yep in the mid 90's in the South. Our Deer Season Starts Nov,3 rd and I am not happy with the weather report as it says 83F for the High and 60F for the Low and only 8 MPH Wind. One can not let game sit long at those temps.

So if the plan works of which most times it does not lol. I plan to be in the blind an hour or so before day break and hope to get my Game either Deer or Hog while it is still cool enough to skin it and quarter it and put it on ice before the Sun Starts to Melt us lol.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'm not sure exactly how fast these are going. My chrony has a, um, well, it's, uh, that is, uh, not working at the time. They should be flying right around 2200 fps, though.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Good looking meat deer there Rick. He ought to be great eating. Oh...please keep that white stuff all up your way.
    AKA "Old Vic"
    "I am a great believer in powder-burning".
    --Theodore Roosevelt, Hunting Trips of a Ranchman

I hope the vehicle is downhill, that way you could of had a toboggan ride drag. Nice little tasty buck. It looks like you could get in to a little longer than 100 yd in those woods there. Are whitetails becoming more widespread there? That white stuff is good for tracking after the shot and adds more contrast to the woods, along with easier dragging. But, it can get wet in those conditions.

runfiverun, anytime you want to get rid of a neck roast just send it my way. I think the neck roast is the best and only roast in the whole deer.

Banned
    Nice score. MMMMMMMMMMMM tender vittles.

The way my bow season is going I sure hope one of them critters gets to close to my 7TCU Nov15.

I worked on a dog kennel all day today....with no shirt on. Felt like July today, but I can smell the change in the weather coming.

Boolit Buddy
    South Texas but sometimes it feels like Northern Mexico

wow

Little buck. Personally I think that is a little silly. Any legal game animal take fair chase with a cast boolit is wonderful. Good on you. I am envious

I got myself to thinking. My chrony hadn't worked last time I tried it, after changing batteries. Then this afternoon, changing batteries in the smoke detectors (I cook a lot), I tried the same battery I had put in the chrony. Dead as could be. Put in a fresh one, and it worked again!

I do have a wheeled cart to haul out with. I had to go to a point just over my right shoulder at the far end of the clear cut, plus a few hundred yards more. That was far enough.
    I was surprised and pleased to see the deer are apparently making a decent comeback. I think when the F&G killed 28 wolves around here, it really helped things.

Boolit Master

Nice looking meat buck. Found out long ago that those big horns don't taste good no matter how much salt and pepper you put on em.
    Facta non verba

Boolit Master

I do like to see a nice rack when I take a fine bead on that big fella, but a fat doe or a younger buck make much better eating. I have policed myself here the past few years to take only a bigger buck than those I have hanging on the wall now. If not bigger I let him pass. I did take a buck last year with a muzzleloader that had a rack that more looked like an antelope than a deer. It was a few years old and I thought needed to be taken. Otherwise I consider myself a meat hunter. On the thread subject I also agree that that is fine looking buck and some beautiful country. Nice going.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OnHoPr View Post
    I hope the vehicle is downhill, that way you could of had a toboggan ride drag. Nice little tasty buck. It looks like you could get in to a little longer than 100 yd in those woods there. Are whitetails becoming more widespread there? That white stuff is good for tracking after the shot and adds more contrast to the woods, along with easier dragging. But, it can get wet in those conditions.

runfiverun, anytime you want to get rid of a neck roast just send it my way. I think the neck roast is the best and only roast in the whole deer.
    A very true and dear friend of mind at Ft. Campbell was disabled from Viet Nam and worked on base. We hunted together, me with a regular bow and he with a crossbow. When he killed a deer I would offer to drag it out, and he always told me no. He would walk from the kill to the truck with a 2000 ft roll of 550 cord and tie the deer to the truck then pull it up. (He never hunted very far into the areas because of his disability) and would just use the truck to retrieve his game. Dang, I miss that ole man. I did try to stay in touch with him, but eventually lost track. One of God's angels amongst the fallen for sure. God bless our Vet's.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

gee, a dead deer, snow and a downhill drag. Seriously, does life get any better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master

Great deer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast