RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: new improved 22s

Banned

new improved 22s

Just got back from shooting a 225 round box of the new improved rem 22 not a single dud or jam in my ruger 10/22 these are the first rem 22s i have bought in years

Boolit Buddy
    I’ll hav to here a lot of those good reports before I buy any more. Guess you could say wait to see if they fall off the wagon. I use to be a big Remington fan. Now I go around them like you would a mean dog.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I do hope Remington is getting it's act together . I just did a detail cleaning of the rifle I shot most of the last batch of Thunderduds . I almost had to get a broom and dustpan to clean the powder debris out of the stock under the action .

Jack

Boolit Master

What is the trade name of the new improved Remington .22 LRs. Where did you but them?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    What is the trade name of the new improved Remington .22 LRs. Where did you but them?
    They are the 22 golden bullets new and improved got em at walmart they were out of everything else feds, wins, and ccis so i had to go shooting and you know how that is and low and behold they worked all right they come in a 225 round box.

Boolit Master
    NEVER again.....

Boolit Buddy

Me too. CCI's forever.

Boolit Master
    They are marketing them @ 1400 rounds in a reclosable "Bucket". 4 to the case for 5600 rounds..I forget Zanders suggested retail on them..I got a case last Thursday that had been damaged by a fork lift..Been deer hunting so I haven't got to try any yet. "New and Improved" is what the card board case stated. Real neat little buckets, reseable. They WILL NOT TAKE A POKE FROM A FORK LIFT thought..

Boolit Master
    If they got their act together, I'll gladly give them a try again. So what if they went through a bad spell, it's no reason to shun them forever!

Yeap, Minimags or Australian made Power Point. You couldn't give me Remington after the last batch of Thunderduds.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Buddy

CCI's forever

Boolit Grand Master

Really? I got a box of the "new and improved" Remington Golden Bullet from Wal*Mart as well. Shooting them from a S&W 617 you could feel and hear the difference between shots. I had 7 duds in the one box I tried. They left some weird hard fouling at the muzzle that needed Chore Boy to remove. And the pièce de résistance, a case head burst stinging my trigger finger pretty good even with the counterbored cylinder. I couldn't wait to be rid of them.

On the other hand, Thunderbolt has worked well for me...

Boolit Master
    Just got in from shooting a 550 round bulk pack of Rem. golden HP bullets.This was not the "improved" Rem. I had bought these a couple of years ago. We had 3 FTF and 2 of those did fire on the second try.
    We were using a Henry lever and a Colt huntsman pistol and a Norinco ATD auto.The Colt didn't feed the Rem very well but the other two worked just fine.
    If I find Rem bulk 22's at a good price I would buy them again.I do think they are not as good as the Federal bulk 22's.........Terry

Boolit Master
    I have 10,000 I bought in the early 90's when I was still and FFL. That batch has been reliable. I picked up 5,000 at Big 5 five or so years ago for $10 per 525. They are only being kept for when the world ends and there is no other choice. Then we will be lucky to have anything that fires. Rod

The Tunderbolts work fine in my guns.
    "There he bought a saddle, a .22 caliber single-shot rifle, and a .45 caliber Business Sharps, a somewhat ligher version of the Big Fity Sharps, the favorite rifle of the buffalo hunters. He already had a 12 bore muzzleloading shotgun, so his arsenal was complete, and along with an ax and a few other necessities, he had the basic tools of a frontiersman.~Trails of a Wilderness Wanderer~Andy Russell~