Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Catch of the day

Boolit Master

Catch of the day

In an earlier thread I had complained about there being little interest in my yard sale regarding some gun books I had for sale. Well, one good thing did come out of the yard sard. One man saw the books on reloading and said something about having some reloading gear he had aquired as part of an estate sale. When I started to question him about what he had he said he had a melting pot and some reloading dies as well as the reloading press. He also said he would like to get rid of the stiff since he had no interest in using it. Did you want to give it way I asked? He allowed he would like to get a little something for it. The man was looking at a chop saw that I was trying to sell an asked how much? I told him Forty dollars. He didn't buy the chop saw and no one else did either. I asked for his address so I could look at what he had. I wanted to abandon the yard sale but I couldn't leave my wife to do the selling since she knows nothing about the job. Later in the day I was able to get to his house. His place would be a great thread for another day. I will just say he is a railroad nut. You can just imagine what he has on his acreage. He led me out back and threw a tarp off a pile of lumber. There were several boxes of ammo and brass and reloading gear. The reloading gear had lots of surfice rust but nothing that a little muriatic acid wouldn't fix. The melting pot was a Lyman bottom pour and there were several molds complete with handles. You can see in the picture leaning on the Lyman pot a weird looking contraption. It is an old Pacific lube and sizer. I will do a thread on it later. There were thousands of '06 brass, all of which I left. I did bring home lots of 38spl and 45 Colt along with some 25-20 brass. Well, since many hours had passed, the man had time to think about the deal. It was no longer a case of wanting to get rid of the stuff to owning some valuable merchindize. I had brought the chop saw as well as a half inch drill motor that had a 90% chuck adapter. I offered him both for his "stuff". Well he knew he had me so he says he thought I would be getting too good a deal. He now wanted 40 dollars to boot. I said I would give him 30 and he said lets do it. Isn't it amazing how things can go from junk to get rid of to something very precious in so short a time? Since we have moved into a senior community I no longer have use for all the tools I had aquired over the years and I had no luck selling it in the yard sale, I thought I was better off with the casting equipment. I will now attempt to attach pictures of my catch so you can tell me what you think. If you look closley, you can see some 41cal rimfire in the box of old ammo. I didn't take picters of all the Brass and ammo I brought home or the ammo can full of M1 clips. Did I do good?
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 11-05-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Buddy

Do you think drooling, dancing, hopping up and down clapping your hands kind of spoiled your poker face when he pulled back that tarp? Lol!!!

Boolit Master

I cannot believe you are asking this here with a straight face...
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah, like you really NEED two or three more lube sizers, another pot, molds for guns you don't (yet) have, and a really neat old Pacific C press! Just tell your wife that you need a retirement project and rebuilding old reloading tools fits. Only problem with that being that she will expect you to sell some of them!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Go back and get the '06 brass and M1 clips!

Boolit Master

I got the clips

I did get the M1 clips but the '06 brass was all military and and I have more than I could possibly ever shoot anyway. I did get some strange looking objects that may be fuses. They are threaded on one end and have a lanyard attached.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

Sound like lifting plugs, they seal the fuze cavity and are removed when the fuze is put in place.