Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: MP HB Webley bullet

MP HB Webley bullet

Gun is a converted to 45 ACP/Auto Rim Mark VI.Cylinders are .449-.450 bore is about .456.Bullets sized to .452 and were 12 BHN.4.0g of Clays @ 700 fps.Three consecutive six shot groups at 20 yards with wrist rest on sandbags.No leading and recovered bullets showed strong rifling with no apparent gas cutting.

George

click pic to enlarge and see data
    (the 4.5g charge note was an error)
    Last edited by HARRYMPOPE; 10-21-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Thats a bummer with cylinder versus bore dimensions like that. It sure is fun to shoot these old guys though. The S&Ws and Colts are about as much fun, but I wouldn't trade a top break Webley off for one either. Nice report. I shoot a softer 8 BHN HB RCBS with WW231 in one myself. A 4 cavity will be much easier to keep things fed with.

Out again today with the same load and got a group at 20 yards just over 1.5" Other three over the bags were over 2".Offhand was terrible but no fault of the load or mold design.Having cast about 400 bullets so far i think the pins on my particular mold are too tight and i may have to lap them out.When the mold is up to temp they tend to bind up and not slide freely.

George

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by HARRYMPOPE View Post
    Out again today with the same load and got a group at 20 yards just over 1.5" Other three over the bags were over 2".Offhand was terrible but no fault of the load or mold design.Having cast about 400 bullets so far i think the pins on my particular mold are too tight and i may have to lap them out.When the mold is up to temp they tend to bind up and not slide freely.

George
    Just untighten leading pins a bit . Lube them also. Pins will seat in with use.
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

I lubed them up and all was fine till session #3 when i got it really cooking..I'll try loosening the pins in the HB a bit then.If they are not falling back(or pushed into) to their seats before the mold closes i am afraid they will eventually beat up the softer brass.

Bullets are round every cavity and well under 1/2 'thou uniformity.

George

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by HARRYMPOPE View Post
    I lubed them up and all was fine till session #3 when i got it really cooking..I'll try loosening the pins in the HB a bit then.If they are not falling back(or pushed into) to their seats before the mold closes i am afraid they will eventually beat up the softer brass.

Bullets are round every cavity and well under 1/2 'thou uniformity.

George
    Maybe you also need to clean the holes with mineral spirits. Also look into holes for any dirt (small piece of lead could stock in)
    www.mp-molds.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiHec View Post
    Maybe you also need to clean the holes with mineral spirits. Also look into holes for any dirt (small piece of lead could stock in)
    I'll swab it out then.

George

i would like to see others data added here.Has there been others shooting it yet?

George

Boolit Master
    I have not loaded any yet but was casting some today. My Mould works great, as usual.

Vendor Sponsor

Still have some molds......
    PM me if you like one...
    www.mp-molds.com

Boolit Buddy
    I haven't been shooting them, but I have cast and sold 1200 of them getting real good feedback from the guy's I sell them to they are very happy with the accuracy they are getting, one customer said he was getting better accuracy than he got with Fiocchi factory ammo, I backed the base pins out 1/2 a turn loosens them up nicely with a little lube they slip in and out freely, makes great bullets.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I have one of these. Have been using mostly in Mark IV Webley shaved to .45 ACP and converted Marlin lever-action in .45 ACP. I have sent my mold to www.hollowpointmold.com to have blocks faced to provide 0.25" meplat so larger than primer diameter for tube magazine. Think will help stability also.