RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Handi rifle rebarreling question

Handi rifle rebarreling question

I have a chance to pick up a couple of barrels for my Handi SB2. One is a 308 and the other is a 22-250

The guy knows nothing about them and as I understand it the barrels have to be fitted to my receiver.
    How do they fit the barrel?
    I guess my main question is if they already have been fitted to another rifle is there a chance that they might not be able to fit my rifle?

Banned

Each barrel is hand-fitted to the action, and they do not necessarily interchange, although you could get lucky. check out Greybeard Outdoors' site for the best Handi-Rifle forum around, they discuss many ways to fit your own barrels, although some are better than others IMO.

Gear

I have a 6 or 7 barrel swap frame I use as my primary hunting platform. I got lucky and 5 barrels straight locked right on and worked perfectly. The last one took some very light strokes with a diamond flatfile to drop the edge of the latch shelf just a smidgin. Some guys from Graybeards won't fit barrels, so a lot are sold off back and forth as people look for one to fit. I'm wierd I guess in that I love iron sights, so I'm often waiting for the more rare versions with irons and hopefully with ones that are included. This was before I added the .223 Rem, .357 Magnum and .30-30 Winchester barrels.