Load DataWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Pacific C Press with Wedge Adaptor

Boolit Master

Pacific C Press with Wedge Adaptor

I recently picked up this Pacific C press off ebay. Some of you may recognize it by the Pacific "blue" wedge adaptor applied for those who do not wish to load full tilt.

Anybody have any idea about the time frame when these wedge adaptors came about?
    This is the first one I have come across and is basically why I bought the rig. Not because of the tilting issue. Just because it seemed unique.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PacificCwithadapter.jpg   PacificCwithadapter2.jpg  

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Lubedude, the Pacific wedge has to be similar to the one furnilshed as an optional extra for the Lyman Spar-T press. I drew up a plan for a Lyman wedge, with the idea of bugging somebody with a drill press into making one for me out of hardwood, but never got around to it. Near as I could measure the Lyman is about ten degrees; the Pacific appears to be much steeper. I would love to find one for my Spar-T!
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Master
    Can't say for sure, but it pre-dates 1962. The one I have in the attic was bought used in 1962 by my father.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Banned
    Lubedude your press is from the mid 1950's. I have not been able to pin down a date when Pacific began to offer presses in colors other than black. The Super like yours came along after WWII and was dropped in favor of a new design when Dietmeyer took over Pacific.

Your wedge is from the Dietmeyer era, after 1961. It was made for the redisigned Super press, the only Pacific with a rear incline.
    FYI: An outside company made wooden wedges for Herter's presses in 1961 and RCBS offered a reverse wedge to give a rear incline to the JR2. Echo also offered a wedge.

Ken

Boolit Master
    Thank you everyone for your input.

Pressman - I don't care much for the army tank green color, lol, if that is original. Maybe it was a popular color or marketed as so after the Korean war?

As far as the reverse wedges go, What is the advantage or draw to reloading on a tilt?

The only thing I can think of is may a better visual and ease of bullet placement ?

Any thoughts, anyone?

Nice rig. I think the idea of the tilt-back press was to make the handle location in full extension mode more friendly to the user but I'm not sure.

AZ Pete ... you should get that bad boy out of the attic and put it back in service.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
    Nice rig. I think the idea of the tilt-back press was to make the handle location in full extension mode more friendly to the user but I'm not sure.

AZ Pete ... you should get that bad boy out of the attic and put it back in service.
    Just not enough room to set it up now. Used if until about 1995, when I picked up a Bonanza Co-AX. The Pacific loaded very accurate ammo.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
    Hmmmm Interesting

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Lubedude your press is from the mid 1950's. I have not been able to pin down a date when Pacific began to offer presses in colors other than black. The Super like yours came along after WWII and was dropped in favor of a new design when Dietmeyer took over Pacific.

Your wedge is from the Dietmeyer era, after 1961. It was made for the redisigned Super press, the only Pacific with a rear incline.
    FYI: An outside company made wooden wedges for Herter's presses in 1961 and RCBS offered a reverse wedge to give a rear incline to the JR2. Echo also offered a wedge.

Ken
    ....?....my 70's era Multi-Power has a slight tilt ( WAG 10 degrees or so )....