Titan ReloadingStainLess Steel MediaLee PrecisionADvertise here
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyGraf & Sons

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Tumbler Media?

Boolit Master

40# of 20-40 corncob ran less than $25. Ordered it and picked it up at Grainger so no shipping. Years ago that was. More money now but I have a lifetime supply. Look around yo can probably fine it for less or a lesser quantity.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master

A few years ago I ordered a 40# bag of corncob from drill spot.com. I think it was about $25 shipped. It actually shipped from Granger. I think its more now, but buying in bulk from companies that sell blasting media is the cheapest way to go. I use DukeinFlorida's method. A cap full or two of mineral spirits and a cap full of your favorite liquid car polish, run it enough to get them mixed up and dump your brass in. For years I used an old square commercial fry basket to separate the brass and media but I finally bought the Dillon separator.

Many different things will work for media and over the years I have used most of them. Rice, rice still in the shell, wheat, sand, corncob, walnut, ceramic media, metal shavings, ect. I just keep coming back to corncob.

Stainless Steel tumbling Media, 3 table spoons of dawn, 1 tea spoon of Lemi Shine, 1 Teaspoon of Cream of Tartar, to 1 gallon of water. Lube, resize, deprime and wet tumble or just deprime with universal deprimer then wet tumble and resize. This is hands down the best recipe I have found for cleaning brass in 30 years of reloading. I dry my cases with a towel first and then on Name:  peg b.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  15.6 KBplastic board

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678