Load DataWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Questions about BPCR Creemoore Matches

Boolit Buddy

Questions about BPCR Creemoore Matches

I've never participated or seen a Creedmoore match. I see references to sticks and telescopic sights in the NRA rules and in posts here and there on the web.

What is the customary rule set for shooting 1000 yd Creedmoore matches? Does it vary much from club to club or shoot to shoot?
    Are sticks typically allowed?
    Do shooters sling up like in Palma?
    Shooting Jackets ... I read in the rules that cloth jackets are allowed but that they should not provide any support. How is that interpreted? I've got a Creedmoore Sports cloth jacket, but it's nylon, and it has back a back stiffener, am I correct to assume that is not permissible?

Does Whittington do things differently?

This site

http://www.longrangebpcr.com/

Has a lot, if not most, of what you are looking for
    drcook = david r, most folks just call me dave, not Dr. but thanks for the compliment

Vendor Sponsor

Please - Please - Please do not take this wrong BUT While this is a good read I would divide the info here into three classes.

Timeless-Good information
    Dated or local information
    Often repeated wrong information

I will say I commend them for writing this (maybe 10 years ago) as it is a bold step and sure to endure critique.

Again, not trying to be a jerk but get your info from multi- sources.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    XTR - the 57 pages of regulations for BPTR when clubs follow the NRA rules for sanctioned matches which is the norm
    http://www.nrahq.org/compete/RuleBoo...dr/bp-book.pdf

BTW ... the spelling is Creedmoor - not Creedmore
    Regards
    John

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    XTR - the 57 pages of regulations for BPTR when clubs follow the NRA rules for sanctioned matches which is the norm
    http://www.nrahq.org/compete/RuleBoo...dr/bp-book.pdf

BTW ... the spelling is Creedmoor - not Creedmore
    It took me a minute, Creedmoor not Creedmore vs Creedmore. You mis-quoted my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by XTR View Post
    I've never participated or seen a Creedmoor match. I see references to sticks and telescopic sights in the NRA rules
    I've read the rules, I'm pretty good at that kind of thing. (I do regulatory compliance for a living) As a competitor in other forms of shooting sports I find the BPCR rules to be, if not ambiguous, unclear as to under what conditions various things are or are not allowed. In particular the rules define prone and prone with X sticks. I was unsure of a few things Thus the questions:

What is the customary rule set for shooting 1000 yd Creedmoore matches? Does it vary much from club to club or shoot to shoot?
    Are sticks typically allowed?
    Do shooters sling up like in Palma?
    Shooting Jackets ... I read in the rules that cloth jackets are allowed but that they should not provide any support. How is that interpreted? I've got a Creedmoore Sports cloth jacket, but it's nylon, and it has back a back stiffener, am I correct to assume that is not permissible?

Does Whittington do things differently?
    I thank John Boy and Chill Wills. I've noticed that most of the BPCR info that I can find is several years old.

Vendor Sponsor

I've never participated or seen a Creedmoore match. I see references to sticks and telescopic sights in the NRA rules and in posts here and there on the web.
    XTR, replies in red.
    What is the customary rule set for shooting 1000 yd Creedmoore matches? NRA matches and rulesDoes it vary much from club to club or shoot to shoot? If the local club does not shoot NRA match they use their own rules. Example, Oak Ridge Long Range Muzzle Loader matches do not use the NRA rules, They use Rick Webber's rules and it is a great match for LRML!
    Are sticks typically allowed? NRA rules=Yes
    International matches =No

Do shooters sling up like in Palma? NRA= Sticks or slings but not both. Slings only to 600yds & slings and wrist-rest at 8, 9, & 1000yds
    Shooting Jackets ... I read in the rules that cloth jackets are allowed but that they should not provide any support. How is that interpreted? I've got a Creedmoore Sports cloth jacket, but it's nylon, and it has back a back stiffener, am I correct to assume that is not permissible? Correct, you can not use it - A loose canvas jacket is period correct.

Does Whittington do things differently? NRA Nationals held at Whittington Center = NRA rules. However, The Whittington Center is for rent. Any one can use the range and hold a LR Creedmoor match and use their own rules - Example, the American Creedmoor Cup might hold a match there. As is true of anywhere, if you put out the work to put on a match you get to name the rules

I hope this helps,
    Michael Rix
    Chill Wills