Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Buffalo Classic/Handi Rifle Question??

Boolit Buddy

Smile Buffalo Classic/Handi Rifle Question??

Gents-
    Picking up a new H&R Buffalo Classic 45-70 for fun, great buy, nice gun-- question is, do you know if I can get addition barrels for this rifle like the Handi-Rifle?
    I'd be most interested in a 12gauge barrel, and perhaps a 30-30 barrel, but I have my doubts that this rifle is interchangeable with the smaller Handi series- does anybody out there know?
    Thanks for your responses in advance!
    358wcf
    Chuck

Boolit Master
    Yes, I believe it's the same receiver. You'll have to send the receiver back to H&R, and they will fit new barrels for you and do a trigger job for free if you request it. Haven't done that, but hear they make the trigger pull much smoother and lighter.

I have a .45-70 BC but don't keep the nice wood on it. I also have several other barrels that lock on the same frame including .45 Colt, .223 Remington, .30-30 Winchester superlite, .357 Magnum, .58 Cal Huntsman Muzzle loader, .50 Cal Muzzle loader and a 12 ga. 3.5" turkey gun barrel with screw in chokes.

I use a s/s thumbscrew to simplify swapping the barrels without having to get a screw driver. This picture was prior to adding the .357, .223 and .30-30 barrels, but this is basically still the case I use to hold everything, but it's heavier. My .223 has a 4-16x40mm Mildot on it and the .357 has a 4x Mildot as it's only used under 100 yards. The rest have ironsights, which I prefer.

This is what it started out as: